Questions about Ver 6.1.14

For users or potential users.
Nate

Questions about Ver 6.1.14

Post by Nate » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:36 am

I noticed a button 'MONTH' next to the date in the Appts Module. When I click on it a screen opens but nothing happens. Is it suppose to bring up a bigger calendar? Also when I click on the week view below that then the calendar above it looks like the week is blurry or is partially whited out. Is that normal?

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Ver 6.1.14

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:37 pm

The month button is not supposed to be showing yet. Where is it blurry? On the month calendar?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Nate

Post by Nate » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 pm

From the start of the week to the end of the week. I have included an image of what it looks like when I select the week view. You can not even see the days of that week anymore.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:16 pm

OK. What you are seeing is the Microsoft Month Calandar. Since you have selected a week, it is showing you the date range for the selected week. Since it's a MS control it tends to use "theme" colors which the user has control over. This is in contrast to OD controls which let the user have control over a few colors but hard code most of them to prevent problems like this. On my computer, the calendar looks like this:
So all you have to do is go to your Windows Appearance setup screen and make some changes. One way to get to that screen is to right click on your desktop, Properies, Appearance tab. Changing to the silver XP scheme might work. Are you on Win2000? You might have to restart OD to see changes.

p.s. As long as you are there, you might click the Effects button and turn on Smooth Fonts, Clear Type. Notice how much smoother the numbers look in my screenshot than yours?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

V Suite

Post by V Suite » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Greetings.
Why does is the higlighted week start from Monday please? Can it be changed to start from the Sunday as the generally accepted first day of the week?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:09 pm

It was expedient for us to do it that way, and it's probably not causing anyone a great inconvenience. To change it to start on Sunday, you will have to submit a feature request and vote for it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD