No warning when wrong code is typed

For users or potential users.
mowgli

No warning when wrong code is typed

Post by mowgli » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am

A certain office manager wondered why an incorrect code can be treatment-planned into the chart and even set complete without having a prompt come up to change it. Now, if you actually edit the procedure code and try to click OK, a prompt does come up. For example, the program lets you select a bicuspid and apply D3330, which normally should be D3320. Is it presumed that the error will be caught by the popup warning when the provider tries to enter procedure notes and click OK? In this case, generic and provider notes get pulled in automatically with the procedure. It would be great to get feedback on whether there's a reason for the lack of warning and whether the addition of one should be a feature request. Of course, I emphasized training everyone to click the tooth and use procedure buttons to avoid this kind of mistake, but apparently they had someone who did this more than once. I'll bet it was because the Quick Buttons cannot be hidden, and they didn't want to bother clicking "All" to show the procedure buttons.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: No warning when wrong code is typed

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 pm

D3330 is a valid code, but it's just not supposed to be used for that tooth. The automation is what tries to keep codes matched up with the proper areas of the mouth. But the automation is only tied to procedure buttons and to the OK button in the procedure edit window. So, you could go vote to add automation to the area where codes are typed in. I've never heard of this being a problem before, probably because most people use buttons rather than typing.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mowgli

Re: No warning when wrong code is typed

Post by mowgli » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 am

Thanx for the info. I think the vote will instead be directed toward hiding or moving Quick buttons down. If people still want to type the code, it's reasonable to expect they know what they're doing.