fees keep changing back

For users or potential users.
premier1888

fees keep changing back

Post by premier1888 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 am

Is there any reason why certain fees keep reverting back. I recently increased my standard fees. D1110 adult prophy used to be $100. Now it is $105, but every so often, when I am entering a procedure, I notice the D1110 is set to $98. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with updates or anything. It also happens to a few other codes, and no, I did not have to restore any backups. It just seems to happen.
MAY THE FLOSS BE WITH YOU...

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: fees keep changing back

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:45 am

Maybe you are using allowed fee schedules? Users can now easlily make changes to allowed fee schedules when entering insurance payments.

Now that I think about it, this would also apply to PPO fee schedules. Is it the PPO fee schedule that is changing? But you indicated that the change was to your standard fee schedule.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Nate

Post by Nate » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am

Im not sure if this is related to the same issue but we noticed some of an insurance fee schedule changed to standard fee schedule. This is the first time we have run accross this. We take several PPO insurances and have there respective fee schedules entered. We were about to update Principal and noticed that the fee for periodic exam had changed to our standard fee. This is the only fee we noticed that has changed so far but will be going thru the rest of it soon.

We are using 6.1.14.0

Thanks

premier1888

Post by premier1888 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:22 pm

Nate,

It sounds like a similar issue to yours, except I notice it with our Standard fee schedule. The thing is, I've never set my adult prophy at $98. I set it to $100, and it kept reverting to $98. Then this year, I set it to $105, and it kept reverting to $98.

premier1888

Post by premier1888 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey,

My fees just reverted back again!!!!!
I updated on sunday from 6.1.14 to 6.2.12, and I made sure to check that the fees remained as I set them, and they were. adult prophy was set at $105.
This morning, the fees were okay, because I went over some accounts and tx plans with my office manager, and the fees were normal. This afternoon I just happened to look, and the prophy fee reverted back to $98. two surface composite posterior fee changed back, but not the three surface composite fee. We did not do any major system overhauls today, just a normal operating day.
I have my front desk re-entering the correct fees from a paper copy of the fee schedule even as we speak.
Why does this keep happening????

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Is this on a PPO fee schedule? That's fixed in 6.2.13, but it hasn't been released. It hasn't been released because our two main development computers had to be rebuilt, and it just takes time to install all the programs. We will release 6.2.13 ASAP. Very sorry about the hassle. You might hold off on entering insurance payments until then.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

premier1888

Post by premier1888 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Dr. Sparks,

No, this is the Standard fee schedule that keeps changing.