Deposit Slip Itemization

For users or potential users.
klinlv

Deposit Slip Itemization

Post by klinlv » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:37 am

Is it possible to have he deposit slip to show subtotal of cash and check and /or to have them listed separately on the deposit slip? It's confusing to have them intermixed on the deposit slip plus the subtotals are required by the bank.

savvy

Re: Deposit Slip Itemization

Post by savvy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:14 am

Also.....

Be able to print credit card deposit slips before check/cash deposit slips.

Many days I'll have a lot of credit card transactions and few or low value check transactions.
Currently, I have to print a check/cash deposit slip before a credit card one.
Many times this leads to a one or two check deposit slip of a total well less than I would take to a bank.
The alternative is to wait until the check total is sufficient for a bank trip, which might be many days later.
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 am

Why aren't you simply using the Show section at the lower right to only include they type you are interested in?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

klinlv

Post by klinlv » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:59 am

I'm on version 6.4.12 and I don't see a "Show" option on the deposit slip. I am talking about the itemization on the deposit slip to show the cash subtotal and checks subtotal and the deposit total. In the Payments report it lists the subtotal amount of each payment type, on the current deposit slip it mixes the cash payments in the listing with the checks and it leaves the check number and bank-branch blank. Even if you listed insurance checks and patient checks separate and the cash payments separate, as in the Payment report, it would be less confusing for the bank (Wells Fargo). I am including the Open Dental deposit slip with the bank deposit slip with my deposits.

savvy

Post by savvy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Jordan,
I'm running version 6.4.12.
What you recommend does not work.
If there are any insurance checks, asking to show only Visa, Mastercard,etc includes the insurance checks.
The only way to get a "credit card payments only" deposit slip is to create it AFTER creating a checks/cash deposit slip.

My bank requires that I include a traditional deposit slip because it can be automatically read due to the magnetic ink that it was printed with.
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy