tesia questions

For users or potential users.
murmsk

tesia questions

Post by murmsk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:20 am

I started looking at tesia today and have a few questions that I couldn't find answers

1.I notice on the signup page they will ask for the ins companies to whom we submit claims. We submit to maybe 60 different companies. What happens when a patient shows up with a new one ? Do we have to get on Tesia website and add that company? That has the potential of being a real pain!!

2. What are the costs?

3. How does the EOB work? Is it from their website or directly from Open-Dental?

Thanks steve
steve

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:30 am

another question.

In the downloadable pdf application file there are several pages of insurance companies ( mostly BCBS) with check boxes. What is this?

steve
steve

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:35 pm

1. They are just trying to make sure you fill out any necessary registration forms for those insurance companies that require it. Blue Cross and Medicaid especially. For example, if you are not registered with a particular BCBS company, then all your claims will go out as paper. This is not specific to Tesia. It's like this for all clearinghouses. It's a limitation of BCBS.

2. $30/month or .35 per claim. Sorry, I thought that was displayed some place. I'll go add it if it's not.

3. Not functional yet. It will be (read vaporware) directly from Open Dental.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Toothdr97

Tesia

Post by Toothdr97 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:54 pm

So will the new version of OD (5.0) work with any clearinghouse or just Tesia? Right now I go to each website or claimsconnect to manually put in claims but I am getting pretty close to "e claiming" claims. I looked at dental exchange but was wondering about Tesia. I actually had not heard of it before searching the forum tonight.
Thanks 8)

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Yes, it still works with any clearinghouse. I seriously doubt that will ever change. In 5.1, it will be a tighter interface with Tesia, more like what we already have with ClaimConnect. And we're automating the response files so that you can just see the statuses on claims without having to look at reports. The immediate goal is to have the status at the carrier propagate down immediately through the clearinghouse to OD. Status checking is becoming more intricate.

And, although we are primarily testing it with Tesia, the programming is very generic and should work with the other clearinghouses as well. For those who are familiar with the technical issues, this means we have already done 997 acks for version 5.1, and we will be trying to do the 277-Unsolicited status report as well.

Standard disclaimer: All discussion of future versions is purely hypothetical and we make no promises about when or if it will happen.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com