Invoice in Merge letter or Sheets

For users or potential users.
nchr

Invoice in Merge letter or Sheets

Post by nchr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:42 am

Dear all,

I would like to ask if it is possible to create a letter merge or sheet including the data from the account module. I would like to have an invoice which is more or less custom made to comply with the regulations in Cyprus.

I would need to have the description of the treatment including the date performed, costs, adjustments and balance of individual patients in order to easily print an invoice.

I have looked in the letter merge function of opendental and these are missing from the selection (or I haven't seen them) :D

I have been reading through the forum and the only thing that was helpful was the changes you have made for our Australian colleagues, but still this does not meet the requirements here.

Thanking you again

Keep up the great work giving us a great software

Nicos Christodoulides
Nicos Christodoulides

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Invoice in Merge letter or Sheets

Post by jordansparks » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 am

Yeah, we're moving closer to having the statement be just another sheet. But we don't want to get it wrong, so we're taking it a little slower. We will probably just start with the header portion that's on the top 1/3 of the first page. Sheets would have to be enhanced quite a bit to allow the entire statement to be a sheet. For example, we would need to support muliple pages, grids, repeating text, etc. It starts to look more like a report than a sheet. Another direction we might go in is to formally store the data for the statement in the database. Then, you really could use reporting software to build a very customizable statement. In the meantime, if you are a programmer, you could build your own in C# and we could work it into the source code as an option.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

nchr

Post by nchr » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:58 am

Thanks Jordan for the immediate response. Unfortunately I am not a programmer so I will have to wait until you implement this feature in a future update.

As far as I understood it is also not possible to export the data of the statement in MS Word for example to create there a custom invoice. Correct me if I am wrong of course.

Thanks again
Nicos Christodoulides

alexei

Post by alexei » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

I must say that I am very happy to hear this, as I have several boxes of envelopes where the return address window is about 1 cm too far to the right to be usable.