Inactive / Archived

For users or potential users.
starastar

Inactive / Archived

Post by starastar » Thu May 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Dear All

Can you tell me what is difference between inactive and archived patients? What about the patients who we do not want to send reminders anymore or have left the practive ?Which categories shoule we put them in?

Thanks

fishdrzig

Re: Inactive / Archived

Post by fishdrzig » Fri May 08, 2009 12:58 am

For my office, anyone who is deceased, in collections, transferred, moved etc. We classify as Archived
Any patient that has not been in for a while, may be at college lost contact with, we classify as Inactive
Hope this helps

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 pm

The main difference is that archived won't show in the patient search window unless you explicitly check the box to include them. But inactive will show. If you archive someone, you risk creating a second chart for them if they ever call back.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 am

"risk creating a second chart"
It would be a nice feature to have OD recognize the name being typed in as already being present and prompt the user to use the existing information for the patient or change it. I know, feature request, feature request, feature request = no more points left to vote with though???

starastar

Post by starastar » Sun May 10, 2009 7:50 pm

So for all deceased patients, we put as archived . For patients who are in collections / we don't wish to be as inactive. Will inactive patients still should in recall / unscheduled lists?

atd

Post by atd » Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 am

Why not use "Deceased" instead of Archived for deceased patients?