Need a Query for recalls

For users or potential users.
afeuer

Need a Query for recalls

Post by afeuer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am

Currently we have a different recall for bitewings and prophys. I assume this is how most people do it because we like to do bitewings once a year and prophys every 6 months. Since we converted our data over it seems that there are some people who have the prophy recall activated but not any bitewings. When we create recall appointments it automatically adds bitewings when needed. If they don't have a bitewing recall in the first place it won't be put on the appointment and the hygenist sometimes misses it if they need it. What I would like to do is find all active patients who have any recall enabled but don't have a bitewing recall enabled. I've looked at the sample queries but I don't have much experience and I could use a little direction.

I can't think of any way to fix this other than to go through every single patient. Currently our hygenist has to manually check every single patient who doesn't have bitewings scheduled to see if they aren't due or if they don't have the recall enabled.

Thanks for you help,

-Adam

afeuer

Re: Need a Query for recalls

Post by afeuer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:17 pm

does anyone have any suggestions on how I can achieve this? I've been looking through the queries, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to control recalls.

Thanks,
-Adam

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:21 pm

That's a very complicated question. Here's a quick suggestion.

1. Run this query:
SELECT ValueString FROM preference WHERE PrefName = 'RecallTypeSpecialProphy'
Let's say the value is 1. Plug that into the query below on the third line:
r1.RecallTypeNum=1
Here's the query:

SELECT r1.PatNum,r2.RecallNum FROM recall AS r1
LEFT JOIN recall AS r2 ON r1.RecallNum != r2.RecallNum AND r1.PatNum = r2.PatNum
WHERE r1.RecallTypeNum=1
AND r2.RecallNum IS NULL

The problem is that it will be a long list.

What you are actually asking for is a feature request:
Recall system handle BW better by including patients who have no history of BW.

The reason this hasn't already been done is that the same mechanism is also used for recall types like endo followup. We need to be very careful to not inadvertantly generate an endo followup for all patients. We must have it depend on a trigger procedure. But an enhancement is needed to make BW more useful.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 pm

I just added and approved the request I suggested. So it's available to be voted on.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com