insurance verification form

For users or potential users.
enamelrod

insurance verification form

Post by enamelrod » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 am

We are trying to develope an insurance verification form. I and my first thought was to use a mail merge file first, but i soon realized that many of the fields that i was hoping to automate are missing.( subscriber dob, ssn) relationship to subscriber? effective dates, termination date. used benefits... any insight to developing this?

ramzi

Re: insurance verification form

Post by ramzi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 pm

i have thought about how I can incorporate an insurance verification form into OD. We have a paper form that is used to call and fill out for ins verification. but how can I then put it into the ins info page?

i was thinking of making a misc code for this and making an auto note with al lthe information. then once the note is done it will be saved into pt chart, and I could cut and paste a copy of the note into the ins information note.

what are your thoughts on this

rm

enamelrod

Re: insurance verification form

Post by enamelrod » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:12 am

creative but i dont see it being any faster then scanning the paper in? What I wanted to do is letter merge all the info the patient gives and then have the staff call to verify all the limitations and other crazy codings that insurance companies have. one we have this info we dont have to do anything except to call to find out if the pt has met deductible and benifets used