Billing Question

For users or potential users.
JimZ

Billing Question

Post by JimZ » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:05 pm

When doing our end of the month billing, after selecting which patients are to receive statements and clicking SEND, the Adobe Reader previews the statements about to be sent. It shows:

08/31/2009 Statement-Mail (unsent)

I called support and they said the software is performing the way it is designed, but there is a feature request (#979) that we could vote on to make the preview not show the statements as being UNSENT.
I don't believe this is a request, but a bug. Prior to our current version (6.6.22), I only noticed this happening once when we accidently closed the Billing Window prior to printing statements. I think around 6.4 the preview would not show the statement as being unsent. Currently, we could mail a patient the statement that reads it was unsent--very confusing to patients and us. :shock:
The work around is to close the Adobe Reader without printing, refresh the send statement window, and click SEND. Now the Adobe Reader preview shows:

08/31/2009 Statement-Mail

This is why I think this is a bug--we can get a work around to eliminate the confusion, but it wasn't always this way.
Anyone else having this issue? :?:

Jim

savvy

Re: Billing Question

Post by savvy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:44 am

I agree
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 am

I'll jump on this, we have had a number of questions about that too. I'm going to try that work around next time we send out bills. Thanks!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 am

There were some very significant enhancements to the billing section. As part of that, this annoyance snuck in. But it's not a bug. It would take time to change it and there are other very critical features that we chose to work on instead. As I've been mulling it over, the fix might be a little easier than I earlier thought. Still... I'm knee deep in fixing 3000 compile errors, so it just doesn't seem urgent.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com