Report to find patients without planned appt or done check?

For users or potential users.
afeuer

Report to find patients without planned appt or done check?

Post by afeuer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:52 am

I was looking through the planned appointment tracker and I noticed that the list is shorter than it should be. We try to always create a planned appointment or check the done box, but it seems that we are forgetting it more times than not.

Is there a report or custom query that I can run that will give me a list of patients that don't have a planned appointment or a done check?

Also, is there a query that I can run that can give me a list of patients who have planned appointments that were completed and not removed?

I'm sure I would run this everyday or close to it. I love the planned appointments and it really helps keep unscheduled procedures from falling through the cracks. The problem is that patients fall through the cracks if we forget to create the planned appointment in the first place.

-Adam

afeuer

Re: Report to find patients without planned appt or done check?

Post by afeuer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions on what parameters I can use in a custom query to call the done check box or for planned appointments that are scheduled and completed?

I'm curious how other offices keep track of planned appointments. By this I mean how do you check if an old planned appointment has been deleted and a new one has been created? I think the main problem in our office is that we are scheduling appointments in the operatories so the front desk isn't checking for the planned appointment(or done box) when the patient checks out.

-Adam

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Try this:

select PatNum from patient p where p.PatStatus = 0 and p.PlannedIsDone = 0 and not exists (select patnum from appointment a where p.patnum = a.patnum and AptStatus = 6)

Assuming you just want active patients who don't have a planned appointment or "Planned Appt Done" checked.

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks mowgli, I went back and looked at the database documentation and I saw the PlannedIsDone.

I'm still unclear how OD handles planned appointments.

If I have a planned appointment that is not scheduled, but I have a hygiene appointment scheduled 6 months from now will the AptStatus = 6 or will it = 1?
I don't want to exclude any patient that has an appointment scheduled, just patients who's planned appointment is scheduled (we only use 1 planned appt at a time).
Also, when I have a planned appointment and it has been scheduled and completed... how can i find this in a query?

Thanks again,
-Adam

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm

The query I posted was in answer to the first one asked for in your first post. AptStatus = 6 means the appointment is planned. If it's put on the clipboard and scheduled and/or completed, this is a copy of the original planned appointment which still remains, unless someone checks done in the chart and it gets deleted; which also checks the box "planned appt done" in their appt list. I've noticed that appointments copied from planned ones retain the planned appt number in the 'nextaptnum' field, so this query would list completed appointments that still have the planned appointment in the chart:

select * from appointment where aptstatus = 2 and nextaptnum in (select aptnum from appointment where aptstatus = 6)

Leave out the "aptstatus = 2" part (completed) for a list of scheduled, ASAP, etc. with the original planned appointment existing, without regard to status.