"Restore Down" bug

For users or potential users.
randall

"Restore Down" bug

Post by randall » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 am

Have any of you had the following problem with the "restore down" function in OD?:
When working with OD in the "maximize" screen size it works fine. But when "restore down" is used (like when you want to view images or appt book on the same monitor as OD) if you "minimize" the OD window and then "restore", the screen restores to an unusable 1-2 inch wide size. This forces you to change back to full screen or manually resize the restored screen. This is a major inconvenience to my entire staff, and is a problem I have never encountered in any other Windows app.
I have asked the techs that I have spoken with for the past few weeks to please have this bug issue corrected. Nothing has been mentioned concerning the problem in any "bug fixes" pages I have read lately.
Does anyone know how to get this solved? Any OD monitors reading these posts? Hopefully someone can fix this.

nathansparks

Re: "Restore Down" bug

Post by nathansparks » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 am

Dr Hollinger, this issue is still open here at Open Dental. Dr Sparks is out of town. As I recall, we have had a call on this before and Dr sparks classifies it as a known annoyance. We will leave the issue open here until Dr Sparks decides whether or not it should be considered a bug. IT would help me out if you could explain how this makes your life difficult (like what is your process and how does restoring down fit in)

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: "Restore Down" bug

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 pm

I know it misbehaves if it doesn't run maximized. But I didn't think that minimizing it would ever cause any problems. In other words, as long as you run it maximized instead of trying to run it filling only part of the screen, then it works just fine. The reason we never classified this as a bug is that the workaround of always running it full screen is simple and is just a matter of training. We have a lot of other important features we're working on, and it didn't make sense to stop to work on this. Also, I think we tried to find the bug but couldn't locate it, meaning that it will probably take many days to fix it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com