Selected original conversion file - can't run opendental

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Selected original conversion file - can't run opendental

Post by khdilger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:11 pm

In an attempt to select what I mistakenly thought was a backed up database I am now not able to launch the open dental interface on my server. I created a backup, then saw a database named with todays date thinking it was the backup. I now realize it was the initial conversion that was done today. Anyways, it could not find an A-Z folder on first run so I selected it. Now when running the interface it goes through the initial user agreement and wants a registration key. The conversion team entered the key for me the first time so I don't have it.

Is there a way to get my settings back to the live database? A config file of some kind I can manually edit? Should I just call support in the morning? I signed up as a customer today and probably should find out what my registration key is anyways...

The entire point of me selecting what I thought was the backed up database was to run on another copy of the DB to act as a training environment for my self and staff. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,
Kenny

khdilger

Re: Selected original conversion file - can't run opendental

Post by khdilger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I figured it out. I found an XML file FreeDentalConfig. Simply changed the database to the production DB.

However, I would like to here about how to work off of a copy of the database for training purposes.

khdilger

Post by khdilger » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

My troubles came because somehow I selected the original conversion database and also checked the box to not show the intro screen. I guess deleting the config file would have also worked.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Right.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com