Idea for a change in the treatment planning part of the prog

For users or potential users.
mzrdmd

Idea for a change in the treatment planning part of the prog

Post by mzrdmd » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:30 pm

Maybe I'm the exception rather than the rule, but I like to give my patients all of their options. I think it would be great if the treatment planning and charting would work a bit differently. If, for example, tooth #8 could be treatment planned as needing endo/post/core/crown, OR it could be treatment planned as an extraction and an implant, OR it could be treatment planned as an extraction and a three unit bridge, it would be nice to be able to keep those separate. If #7 needs a DL and #9 needs a DIFL, they will obviously NOT need those of they are going to be bridge abutments. OTOH, in the endo treatment plan and in the implant treatment plan, they DO need those. However, when I print my treatment plans, even though I have separated them in the actual treatment plans, the charting that is printed on the treatment plan still shows everything. So for the implant option, it shows 7 and 9 as being all red (bridge abutments), even though they are not going to be completely covered.

I think maybe I'm rambling. Please forgive me if I'm unclear. I know what I want to say, but I'm having trouble saying it.

Another example: I am treatment planning a patient right now, and one of the options will be an extraction of #19 and replacing it with a partial. Another option for this lady is to have endo/p/c/c on 19. On BOTH treatment plans, it is showing the endo, the extraction, the crown, AND the partial.

Does this make sense ?

Thanks,

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:52 pm

If you use the Save TP button in the TP module, and then print the saved TP, I think you will only see the treatment on the graphics for that TP. Have you tried that?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

articaine

same

Post by articaine » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:21 pm

You know, we've been doing it exacting the way Jordan stated. But, I do think it could be presented differently, especially when one needs to show patients what their insurance pays, what the patient pays, and any amount not covered is paid via Care Credit or Citihealth.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

mzrdmd

Post by mzrdmd » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Yes, Jordan, it is working now. For some reason, it didn't work that way on a patient of mine last week.

Anyway, I am saving different treatment plans, printing them, etc. The thing that would really be nice, though, would be to be able to edit a saved treatment plan.

For instance, I am working up a case presentation for a patient right now. I have 4 different options for her. After I had all of the treatment plans saved, I discovered that I had omitted something, say 3-MO. Now, instead of just going to each saved TP and adding 3-MO, I have to print all 4 of them out, then go to the default TP and re-create each of them, including the 3-MO, and re-save them.

The main point of this thread, though, was to see if there would be a way to have all of the different options listed for each tooth. Again, as an example, this lady has 2 teeth that definitely have to be extracted, and 3 teeth that can be ext's or endo/post/core/crown. Instead of having to work up all of the different combinations of saving this one and extracting that one, plus all of the prosthetic options of bridge, implant, flipper, cast based partial, flexible partial, etc., if there were a way that we could just tell the program that #19 needs e/p/c/c OR extraction AND implant, bridge, flipper, etc., then have the program spit out all of the possible ramifications of however many teeth fit into that category, how great would that be ?

Thanks for giving us this forum ! AND this GREAT program !

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:53 pm

You can edit existing TPs. But if you delete an existing procedure on your default TP, then it will no longer be "linked" to the procedure on the saved TP. Similarly, if you add a new procedure, there's no way to tack it onto a saved TP. Yes, there is room for improvement with mulitple TPs.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Yorek

Post by Yorek » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:01 pm

It would be nice to be able to graphically view the different Tx Plans in the Chart module.

I'm sure you could come up with your interpretation if you agree, but one such way would be to add 'Forward' and 'Backward' arrows next to "TxPlan" under "Show: ". This would allow us to "Scroll" thru the graphics of the different saved Tx Plans by simply clicking on these arrows.

Another related idea we've been thinking of is to improve the " Show: " ease of use by simply double clicking the box (or text) to view only that selection, instead of having to choose "None" then go back and click the box we want to see.

Forward and backward arrows would also great to help out the lonely but useful drop down arrow to select recently viewed patients. Sometimes we find ourselves toggling back and forth between 1 or 2 patients and this would be a useful addition if not too difficult to program.

We realize there are priorities and unknown amounts or programing for every idea, but these might be "List Worthy".

Thanks

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:44 am

yes...actually in my old custom version of the program, I did just as you suggest....improving the show check marks where double clicking them de-selects all other marks except for that one.

I didn't know it anyone else would like that so I haven't added it to the main program.

Anyone have any objections to adding this?
These are the ones I am thinking
On double click:
Most check marks - de-select all others except for the one double clicked
Show teeth - de-select the object types and show all procedures

any other ideas?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

mzrdmd

Post by mzrdmd » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:17 pm

UGH ! I just typed a response for about 10 minutes, then lost it. No time to re-type now - will do later.

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Sorry about that. I hate it when it does that. We'll move the bb to our own server in a bit.
Jordan Sparks, DMD