Smile Reminders?

For users or potential users.
hjoesaar

Smile Reminders?

Post by hjoesaar » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:39 am

Has anyone used Smile Reminders? It's an automated recall sytem that uses emails, text messages, etc. Is it integratable with OD?

fschiopu

promptalert

Post by fschiopu » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi,

I've been using promptalert (http://www.promptalert.com) for last year or so. It is very customizable (e-mail, phone , text message at any predefined intervals) and the support is very good. It integrates perfectly with OD without any need of double entry showing the status of the reminder directly in the appointment and communication modules. The patients love it.

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:46 pm

I checked out PromptAlert.com and I'm about to try out their free demo. I worked with Jeremy and he upload the bridge into my server, and integrated it. He spoke very highly of Open Dental and how easy it is to work with. Now, I've got two weeks of evening voice confirmations, emails, and even text messages to confirm our patients. I'm excited to see if this inproves our patient-show ups. On average, we have about 10-12 no-shows, late canellations/month for our one Hygieniest. That's a lot, and if we can reduce it by two patients, Promptalert will have paid for itself. I'll let you know....

hjoesaar

Prompt Alert...

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:02 am

About PromptAlert.com,
I'm trying their 14 day free trial but so far I've been underwhelmed by the product. Jeremy, with tech support, was very fast and efficient in setting it up with OD but every day we've got patients reporting that they received up to 6 calls for their appt. or no calls. I haven't received a single report nor is anything logged into the Commlogg of Open Dental like they said the product would do. Finally, I need a manual or directions for my staff because they don't know what's going on. I've written Jeremy two emails but he hasn't responded with help. I'm sure it's probably a decent product but so far, it hasn't been in our office. I'll let you know..

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:13 pm

It's getting better. Jeremy explained to me that everytime OD changes to a new version, they email the changes to him. I downloaded version 5.3 beta because I was really excited about it but he hasn't received the updates yet. Anyway, he was very helpful and fixed all the problems I described - NOW I'm starting the 14 day free trial. I'll let you know how it goes...