Electronic Medical History??

For users or potential users.
asanders

Electronic Medical History??

Post by asanders » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 pm

We are trying to make the transition to paperless. Demographic info, HIPAA forms, financial agreements, consent forms aren't a problem. Medical Histories are giving me fits.

Can someone walk me through how you're implementing medical histories? I was fairly ignorant so I recreated my entire paper medical/dental history in the sheets. I was impressed with myself. But, there is no way to track changes. Basically, we have to fill out a blank sheet everytime, just like a blank sheet of paper. Here's a link if interested.

Additionally, where are we with being able to integrate this into the database?

Please help.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Electronic Medical History??

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:40 am

That is impressive. Related feature requests are 511 (running dated archive) and 1268 (diseases and import). It will take a few more iterations regardless of how we tackle it. What we are doing right now with medical history forms is trying to make them available online as html forms. For example, you'll be able to take that sheet you built and make available as a web page with very little effort. That's our big push right now. Then we will come back to the integration and archive issues.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

asanders

Post by asanders » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks Jordan. From my perspective, archival is what is important. Each time the med history is updated, in my opinion, it needs to be archived. While html/web format of a sheet would be beneficial for new patients, how do you see that playing out when it comes time to update the information? For instance, we update medical history @ every visit. Surely we don't want to fill out a new form each time. Or do we? I think an easily changeable form that archives @ each update is the way to go.

What I would love to see is this . . . When the patient is seated in the room and marked as such in OD, the med history automatically pops up for us to update. We wouldn't be able to progress until completed. May not be possible or advisable, but that's my vision.

-alan

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Just added a Copy button to the Patient Forms window. That should work nicely for you.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 am

heres a question about sheets. Is there a way when a sheet is generated that a copy goes into a particular image folder?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 am

No, but there's an existing request to show sheets intermingled with images in the Images module. That would be more efficient than copies.
Jordan Sparks, DMD