Claim Form (25. Area of Oral Cavity) / Arch

For users or potential users.
tmv2

Claim Form (25. Area of Oral Cavity) / Arch

Post by tmv2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi,

When setting up a procedure's treatment area as "arch" and then previewing the claim form, I'm expecting the claim form box 25 (Area of Oral Cavity) to have a value of U or L, instead I'm getting 01 or 02. This causes confusion with one of the insurances. It treated those numbers as upper even though in the Procedure Info window of the the Charting module I selected the arch as L.

In the Setup Menu ->Claim Forms, the box 25 is mapped to P1Area, P2Area, etc... Is there a way to map them to P1Arch or something similiar so that it will reflect a 'U' or 'L'?

BTW, I have been using ClaimConnect for the past 2 years to file my claims. I'm not sure if whatever data I see in claim preview window are what being sent to Dental Exchange. However, that one insurance company saw the 01/02 instead of U/L.

eiscott

Re: Claim Form (25. Area of Oral Cavity) / Arch

Post by eiscott » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:45 pm

If the claim confusion was for a claim submitted electronically via ClaimConnect, please contact our customer support line (800) 576-6412 Ext. 452 with the specific details of the claim and the insurance company involved. The numeric codes represent the HIPAA required values but we are able to work with insurance companies that have system issues in accepting these codes.
Scott Wellwood - President
EDI Health Group, Inc.
http://www.dentalxchange.com
swellwood@dentalxchange.com