Tracking Bitewings

For users or potential users.
klinlv

Tracking Bitewings

Post by klinlv » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:07 am

Is there a query to track the date of a patient bitewings radiographs and/or FMX?
My staff also would like to see the date of the last bitewings and FMX on the patients chart, maybe instead of the date of first visit, or instead of billing type which is redundant since it also show on the family module.

Yorek

Post by Yorek » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:50 pm

I agree, but not only so staff knows when to take bw's or fmx
and not only as a Query-Report.

How many times do patients call (especially at our busiest time)
And ask.. when was their last cleaning?

What they are really asking is how soon will my insurance pay for my next appearance!

Now, we have to stop what we're doing.
Go, probably to the Account module
Find their last Exam or BW or FMX date
Do the math in our heads
And hopefully be able to correctly tell the patient it's "another week and a half" before 6 months.
Has anyone else Examined a patient 1 week shy of 6 months and gotten insurance rejection... Not many happy faces with that one!

It seems the easiest thing to start with,
Would be to have a large box Showing the Acutal Due Date
Labeled "6 months check-up."
This should be in at least 2 Open Dental Modules.
The patient can quickly be told..
"Ms Smith, you can come in anytime after May 12th"..
No brainer, takes seconds, everyone is Happy.. lots of smiles.

Perhaps later, there can be some check boxes next to this Box
To select when the next:
Fmx or bw's can be taken..
(or even when a tooth can be refilled or recrowned)
These of course would be linked to the Patient's insurance plan's frequency benifits and a place to indicate if we want them every 3 or 4 months for perio maintanance etc.

Thanks again.

Insidentally, before OpenDental, I made my own Excel Billing Statements. I included 2 boxes with the patient's recall date. One on the copy they kept and one on the recpt they sent back to the office with payment. They couldn't miss it and was a helpful reminder of when they should return.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Yes, we're working on it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Yorek wrote: It seems the easiest thing to start with, Would be to have a large box Showing the Acutal Due Date Labeled "6 months check-up." This should be in at least 2 Open Dental Modules.
are you referring to the 'RecallDue' column that shows in the Family Module?

this, if programmed correctly, should give exactly what you need. when you set up the patient's recall interval, you can set it to show 6mo+1day as the next RecallDue date. then the only date generated by OD is 6mo+1day from the last completed 1110 or 4910. unfortunately, as with all computer things, GIGO. but it does save the staff from using fingers! and there is still only one mouse click when on the phone with that patient.