Patients age on top bar?

For users or potential users.
hazmat

Patients age on top bar?

Post by hazmat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:28 pm

First, I love Open dental. I've been recommending it to everyone.

I work in a pedo practice, and find that I am frequently trying to see how old a patient is when I first walk into the room etc. As the program is most often on the chart module, it would be nice if there was an easy way to see pts ages by default (without having to use the mouse). Even better would be if the patients age could be seen from every module (accounts, family, etc) by being visible on the top menu bar after 'Open Dental {Admin}. I messed around with the options and see that you can turn the patient chart on or off. If the option were available to use the patients age here instead of a chart number that would be great for me. Is there any quick work around in place already that I'm missing?

Thanks for the hard work

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am

The patient age shows in the Chart module in the grid at the lower left. If you don't see it, then try a newer version.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

kiddent

Post by kiddent » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:44 pm

As another pediatric dentist I second the suggestion. Age is SO importrant to how we even approach the patinet that having it front and center so to speak would be a nice option.