Concerning Sheets/forms and Audit Trail

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Concerning Sheets/forms and Audit Trail

Post by Rickliftig » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:38 am

Jordan and staff -

What is the current status on how the audit system interacts with sheets/forms? (I am using 11.0.13)

I noted two situations today - New patient appt. triggered a new patient form which my front desk filled out - I could not find the user name recorded on it, although it was time and date stamped.

Similarly, I entered an intra-oral exam (exam sheet I created) and there is no tracking of which user entered it (I know that I could have a signature box at the bottom)
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

bcpayne

Re: Concerning Sheets/forms and Audit Trail

Post by bcpayne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 am

having tight security on the sheets/forms is something I would really like to see so I could implement OD and go paperless. I also made a nice exam sheet, but was very dissapointed to find that there was apparently no way to track changes and I even deleted a form and there is no record now that it ever existed! the scary thing is that I then deleted a consent form, then couldn't find any evidence that it ever existed. no audit trail showing the addition or deletion.
how can we consider sheets and forms part of the chart if it can be deleted without a trace? might as well use post-it notes!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Concerning Sheets/forms and Audit Trail

Post by jordansparks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 am

I show sheet security as having been implemented back in version 7.3. The name of the permission is SheetEdit, and it includes date restrictions. It looks like what happened is that we forgot to implement entries in the audit trail for this permission. So I'm going to call this a bug and it should be fixed shortly.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com