cannot send pre-auth eclaim with appliances

For users or potential users.
tomle

cannot send pre-auth eclaim with appliances

Post by tomle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,

I tried to send a pre-auth Candaian eclaim for 2 procedures, 99111 and 14611(appliances), but OD popped up a message saying

"number of lab fee procedures unselected: 1"

I selected both procedures but the pre-auth only selected the 99111 code.

Any idea?

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: cannot send pre-auth eclaim with appliances

Post by jordansparks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 pm

What specific version of Open Dental are you using?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Lab codes cannot be sent as procedures but must instead be attached to the procedure they relate to. You can attach the lab fee to the procedure in the chart module by selecting both codes and right-clicking, then choose the Attach Lab Fee option. The 99111 lab code was detached from the claim because the program is only designed to send the lab fees when they are attached and not when they are by themselves.
Derek
Open Dental Software

tomle

Post by tomle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi,

I am using version 11.0.41. Before the upgrade, we were able to add the procedures, then created the claim and set the status to sent, as we sent it through the 2nd system; then, once we received the payment, we were able to pay it. Now with this version, we cannot even create a new claim for it.

The only code OD allows was 99111, not 14611, which the appliance for night guard.

Thanks

Tom

tomle

Post by tomle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi Jordan,

If I selected the procedure code 14611 alone and tried to create a new claim, I got this error....

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at OpenDental.ContrAccount.CreateClaim(String claimType, List`1 PatPlanList, List`1 planList, List`1 ClaimProcList, List`1 procsForPat, List`1 subList) in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\OpenDental_11_0\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrAccount.cs:line 2799
at OpenDental.ContrAccount.OnIns_Click() in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\OpenDental_11_0\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrAccount.cs:line 2739
at OpenDental.ContrAccount.ToolBarMain_ButtonClick(Object sender, ODToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\OpenDental_11_0\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrAccount.cs:line 2626
at OpenDental.UI.ODToolBar.OnButtonClicked(ODToolBarButton myButton) in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\OpenDental_11_0\OpenDental\UI\ODToolBar.cs:line 249
at OpenDental.UI.ODToolBar.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\OpenDental_11_0\OpenDental\UI\ODToolBar.cs:line 229
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tomle

Post by tomle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi,

The error is gone doing the way Derek suggested. But the order of lab and procedure code was reversed. In the newly created claim, the lab was shown as procedure with lab related description and the procedure price was in the lab column.

Maybe it is in my schedule. I have to checked it tomorrow.

Thanks

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 am

I believe that if you run Database Maintenance that the exception you received should go away. If not, then updating to the very latest version of the software will probably help if you are not already at the latest version, because 11.0 was the first version where Canadian e-claims have been supported and there are a lot of bug fixes that have been posted. As for the procedure being detached when a new claim is created, the program deselects any procedure where the "Is Lab" check box is checked. If you go to the Lists->Procedure Codes window and double-click on a code in the list, you will see the "Is Lab" check box on the middle left. The check box should be set for codes 99111 and 99333 and will most likely need to be unchecked for all other codes (although there might be other lab codes).
Derek
Open Dental Software

tomle

Post by tomle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Derek,

The isLab check box is greyed out. Also when I created a new procedure code, there is no isLab checkbox, only isProth... and others.

Any idea how to enable the isLab checkbox?

Thanks

Tom

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

The only situation where the Is Lab check box would not show is if you are viewing the code form a computer that is not set for Canada in the language settings section within the Windows Control Panel. The Is Lab check box will grey out if the code is already in use as a regular procedure in at least one account. The only way to set the check box from that point is to remove the existing instances of the code first, or to have me run a query for you to make the change. If you prefer that I run a query, then I will need to you call in and speak with me please.
Derek
Open Dental Software

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't think we should run a query. We are now working on a better solution to the grayed out checkbox.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

The Is Lab fee check box is now editable even when the procedure code in question is in use. The change was made in versions 11.1.12 (beta) and later, but has not yet been released.
Derek
Open Dental Software

tomle

Post by tomle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I think this problem is on my fee schedule. Before the eclaim, I created the code 99111 as procedure code instead of lab fee code, and also I used the canadian.zip file for my database back in 2009, which somehow has the lab fee set to the code 14611.

Is it ok for me to go into mysql and change the 99111 to lab fee, and take the lab fee off the 14611?

Thanks

Tom

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:02 am

We generally discourage users from directly altering their db. But I guess if you make a backup, and then if you are very careful, that this one little change might be ok.
Jordan Sparks, DMD