Open dental on a Macbook pro?

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Open dental on a Macbook pro?

Post by khdilger » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

My old dell Latitude has seen better days. I need to buy a new laptop and would like to get a smaller Macbook pro. Who is running Opendental on a Mac and how well does it run? I would be installing Windows 7 and probably running Parallels to run windows while booted into the Mac OS. This is only for my personal office computer not for the rest of the ops and computers...

Also anybody also run XDR with this type of setup?

khdilger

Re: Open dental on a Macbook pro?

Post by khdilger » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

No one with first hand experience on how open dental run on a mac with the appropriate software? Bootcamp or Parallels?

JimZ

Re: Open dental on a Macbook pro?

Post by JimZ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 am

Our home computer is an iMac. Once a week, I take the office backup and restore to it. (I'm also experimenting with SurgarSync as a backup for the OpenDental and XDR databases). We are running Parallels with Windows XP and I do not see any issues with this setup. I also have XDR installed here to view radiographs and it also seems to be working well. In all honesty, I don't think anyone could tell they were working on a computer with this setup as opposed to a straight Windows setup. I'm able to move through both programs flawlessly without any delays or glitches.
I'm sure a search of the forums will give you more information on this.

Jim