Remaxis Error

For users or potential users.
glamorgan

Remaxis Error

Post by glamorgan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 am

We are trying to use the "DXStart.exe" bridging file to link to our system. The same file used to work perfectly with Demixis but now it's not working with the new Romaxis Application. We installed the "Bridge" Tools folder, The dxSart.ext file works fine if we launch the link in open dental on the server but it throws the following error on client-machines:

NetWork Error
Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
Java.net.connectionException: Connection refused Connect.

So, basically, it works fine on the server but not on client machine. It seems that "localhost" is registered somewhere, we may just need to change to our server's name or IP, Please advise

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Remaxis Error

Post by jordansparks » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

What is the path that you are using to launch DXStart.exe. In other words, in our Program Link edit window, what is the path of the file to open?

Did you add the line in the Dimaxis.ini file as described in our instructions?
http://www.opendental.com/manual/bridgeplanmeca.html
If Dimaxis.ini doesn't exist, we'll need to find the similar file that performs the same function. Maybe it's called Romexis.ini?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks for the reply. I tried locating these file but had no luck really. I searched for all *.ini files, found only fiew without any reference to "localhost'.
I couldn't find what you suggested. What re my options?
What makes me go MAD is that it works perfectly on the server when launching it via OD but it doesn't on the client machine!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For example: PmBridge.ini- contains the following:
[SETTINGS]

DEFAULT_PORT=1501

UNIQUE_PORTS=0

[PORTS]

#If UNIQUE_PORTS parameter is set to 1 (true) in SETTINGS.

#Defines ports to be used for PMBridge communication based on workstation name. Useful on Terminal Services clients for example. If no match is found PMBridge will be disabled and a log entry is written.

#Format: workstation_name=port_number

WORKSTATION1=1502

WORKSTATION2=1503

WORKSTATION3=1504

[USERS]

#Defines user to be used on each Terminal Services client, depending on the role of each workstation.

#Format: workstation_name="username"

WORKSTATION1="capture"

WORKSTATION2="imaging"

WORKSTATION3="frontdesk

2. :RomexisService.ini:
// DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE

[SERVICE]
ServiceName = RomexisService64
ExeName = RomexisService64
ClassPath = RomexisServer.jar;clibwrapper_jiio.jar;jai_codec.jar;jai_core.jar;jai_imageio.jar;mlibwrapper_jai.jar;
MainClass = romexis_server_app/main/RomexisServer
MaxHeapSize =2000
ExplicitGcEnabled = 1
StartupDelay = 0
OptionalAppArguments =
OptionalJvmArguments = -Djava.library.path=./lib64/;.;

[JVM]
JVM_Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\server\jvm.dll

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:16 pm

But what's the path that you are using to launch DXStart.exe. In other words, in our Program Link edit window, what is the path of the file to open?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:43 am

Hi

I tried re-installing the client app, i chose the Tools/Bridging option. When done installation, it installed the bridging folder as follows:

C:\Program Files\Planmeca\Romexis\pmbridge\Program

The above folder contained the dxStart.exe file.
Romexis is launched via a Windows Bat File called Romexis.bat, it contains the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@REM OpenGL Rendering is used as default. To enable DirectX/Direct3D, change setting -Dj3d.rend=ogl to -Dj3d.rend=d3d
@REM -Xss parameter defines the stack size. This setting is mainly needed when using TWAIN devices

@start /MIN java -Xss500k -Xmx2500m -Djava.library.path=.\lib64\;.; -jar Romexis.jar host=192.168.0.33 port=1099 language=en

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When referring to Romexis's manual it asked me to add this line to the batch: /PMBRIDGE

Here is what's happening now:

1. The bridging works fine ONLY if you start Romxis App first on the client machine. This is not the case on the server. So basically, you open "OD",click on the bridging button, Romexis launches easily.
2. When you try bridging to a new patient within Open Dental, a new file is not created in Romxis: this is the case on both platforms: the server & client machines

Any ideas?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 pm

I really do need the exact path that you are using to launch DXStart.exe as it is shown in our Program Link edit window. That is a very basic piece of data that has a lot of ramifications.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 am

It's "C:\Program Files\Planmeca\Romexis\pmbridge\Program\dxSarty.exe"

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

And have you verified that that path is actually valid on each of the computers? For example, maybe some of them have it in the "Program Files x86" folder instead. It's good that it's a local path (starts with C:). That was the main thing I wanted to verify.

Also, try running Open Dental by right clicking, run as admin. Yes, even if you are already admin.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

ultimosoftware

Post by ultimosoftware » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 am

The Romexis batch file can appear in multiple locations.
First ensure Romexis runs from the Romexis icon on the workstation desktop. You must be able to retrieve patients that are viewable on the server.

If you are confident Romexis works standalone as a client on the workstation and are still getting an error in Opendental Bridge mode then edit "C:\Program Files\Planmeca\Romexis\pmbridge\Program\Romexis.bat" file.
Ensue the server IP address is entered after the "host=" Eg: "host=192.168.1.1" Replace this IP with your Romexis server IP.
It is recommended Romexis server has a fixed IP address to prevent future issues.

The Opendental bridge path should not be changed as Romexis as a 64 bit program, installs correctly on both Windows 64 and 32 bit in "C:\Program Files\" folder
Ultimo Health Technologies
Australia only 1300 270 664
Tel. 61 3 9018 3004
www.ultimoht.com.au

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 am

Romexis Server has a log file that you can read. It's there.. I found it on a Mac and used it to downgrade a Java library that was affecting ipads viewing pano's if the Romexis Server was running on OSX 10.7...

Was a PAIN.

Not fond of Planmecca Tech Support! They kept saying it just works... No it doesn't.. And they didn't have a way to migrate the OSX database with Romexis over to Windows. Wonder if they do now.

I created a test network and reproduced it, downgraded ipads etc.

The logfile looks like an apache log file, almost. If you find it, you can read it, and see what is happening and why your not able to connect. Forget where it is, but it's there. I had to run the romexis server manually to see the output if I recall?? So maybe it was not a log file but more stdout.

For anyone reading this the library was ImageIO Tools.. and you have to move the library into liek System/Library/Extensions or somewhere. Once you do, all is well. Apple\Java issues.