After updating to 11.1 confirmation color is gone

For users or potential users.
nchr

After updating to 11.1 confirmation color is gone

Post by nchr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:36 am

Dear all,

I recently updated OD to 11.1 from version 7 (everything compiled normally and dlls transferred). Everything is working fine except the confirmation color in the appointment module.

I am talking about the small box that was in the upper right corner of every patient "box" that you could use to note if an appointment is confirmed/ unconfirmed/ left message and so on.

In the appointment views setup it is included in the UR corner, but I think this is not the setting I am looking for.

Is this setting hidden somewhere else or there was a problem during compilation of the source code.

Thanking you in advance,

Nicos Christodoulides, DDS, MSc
Nicos Christodoulides

nchr

Re: After updating to 11.1 confirmation color is gone

Post by nchr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 am

After a loooot of fiddling around I fixed the problem. It is so simple that I was laughing after that.

For some peculiar reason I had to press F1 (select all) in appointment module and they reappeared like magic. Although now it is in small circles. I think aesthetically I preferred the small box, but that is no problem at all.

Hope that this post will at least help others if this is a generalized issue.

Nicos Christodoulides, DDS, MSc
Nicos Christodoulides

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 am

Well, these are called App views.
For example, in the reception, you may want the receptionist to view apps of all doctors (providers). However, in Room X, Provider X may not be interested to view apps of Provider Y in Room Y.

Read more here :

http://www.opendental.com/manual/appointmentviews.html

OD will set all views to null when you open it for the first time. GO to Tools, Appointment views and explore more.

nchr

Post by nchr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:54 am

Thanks for the reply.

I was aware of the appointment views option, but the problem is that you should manually press F1, F2, F whatever in order to bring them back, and this is not mentioned anywhere.

I think this is the first time that happened after updating to a new version. It sorts of resets itself and you should kick start the function again :D

No big issue, but it was annoying.

Thanks for a great software

Nicos
Nicos Christodoulides

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 am

Yes, it's a one time annoyance after that particular update. We would probably try harder to avoid that annoyance if we had to do it over. It resulted in too many support phone calls. The reason for it is that it will now remember your appt view on a per-workstation basis.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

edpsystems

Post by edpsystems » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 am

I'm pretty sure this has happened to me every time I've updated a workstation since we started with v7. Took me ages to work it out the 1st time, but I learnt - it's almost 2nd nature to hit F1 when i'm done updating now!
Stu

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't think so, but I'll keep it in mind.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com