Provider colors

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Provider colors

Post by khdilger » Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 am

I converted this practice from EasyDental to Open Dental when I bought it 1.5 years ago. The original dentist is no longer here and I would like to get open dental setup to display restorations he did as a different color. I am charting existing restorations that were not charted as "Other Provider" but any restoration he did that was transferred over charts as the same color as if they were done by the current provider (me). How can I modify the colors or the providers to show restorations that were completed by him a different color?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Provider colors

Post by jordansparks » Fri May 04, 2012 8:42 am

Are all of the procedures by the other doc EC and EO, or are any of them C? You're going to want their status to be EO, which is easy to do if they're not part of the financials. But if they are already C, then you can't change them to EO without affecting the patient balance and Progress Notes. You could:
1. Make a backup
2. Write down the current patient balance.
3. Change the C procs to EO.
4. Make an adjustment to get the balance back to where it needs to be.
Now, if those completed procs are attached to claims, then it gets more complicated. You would also have to delete the claims first. They are old enough that it's not a problem, and you have various backups anyway if you really need to research old financial records. Can we do this automatically? Yes, but it would get prohibitively expensive because we would be doing the programming for only one customer, and it wouldn't be very useful for anyone else.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com