Kodac KDIS - Dental Program Link

For users or potential users.
glamorgan

Kodac KDIS - Dental Program Link

Post by glamorgan » Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 am

Hi Everyone

I have the "Kodak Dental Systems by Carestream -KDIS " by Xray System, Carestream Health.

Anyone using it? Anyway i can bridge it to OD?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Kodac KDIS - Dental Program Link

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Mon May 14, 2012 3:41 am

Thanks, it worked. Now, the link creates a new file for the patient but when i cannot search for it when searching for the new patient within KDIS. It seems that a new folder is created in the shared path through OD but i cannot see the patient when searching for him/her in the main Kodak app.

grahamde

Post by grahamde » Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 am

Within the Trophy Enhanced program link inside of OD the Storage Path property should be set to exactly the same value as the Kodak database location within the Kodak application. To check the database path in Kodak, I think you need to open Kodak and in the main menu there is a menu item called something like options or preferences and that will open a window with a bunch of tabs. Somewhere in one of those tabs there is a place to enter a path for the database and that should be set to the same location as the Storage Path for the Trophy Enhanced program link in OD. I think Kodak uses this database path when performing searches.
Derek
Open Dental Software