Set complete

For users or potential users.
NODKAY

Set complete

Post by NODKAY » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:35 am

When we try to delete a completed procedure from the chart screen we get a pop up message that tells us we can't do it from that screen. That's great! It forces us to be sure that that is what we truly want to do, and it shows up in the audit too. Unfortunately, if you click on a previously completed procedure and then mistakenly set it complete again at a future date, it doesn't warn you, nor does it tell you anywhere when it was originally entered. We now have a new completed date for something that may have been done a long time ago. I know I can go to a backup but that's impractical and may not be available if this error is detected after the backup has been updated. The legal entry has been altered and there's no way to tell when it was originally done. Could something be done to correct/prevent this? I know we need to be more careful, but mistakes happen!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 pm

I'll put it down as a bug until I have a chance to look into it further. But I think it might actually preserve the original date. I know the notes audit cannot be altered no matter what you do.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

NODKAY

Post by NODKAY » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:39 am

It must be a bug. We've done some experimenting. Some procedures won't change once "set complete", while others will regardless of the year of entry, procedure or patient. It's a random problem. Those that do change also have their original date changed to the new date, as well as the audit date, even if notes were made. For the ones that do change, all dates associated with that procedure change to the new date.

Hope the info "helps"

Thanks Dr. Sparks!

drtech

Post by drtech » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

I just discovered this bug as well...i have a hunch, but it may be in the "set Complete" button on right click from the chart and not when you complete appointments to complete procedures.

I was running v5.3.17. two composites were done last month. Ins claims was sent and received again with payment.

Pt came in again and we did three more fillings. One of the fillings from a month ago that already had a claim attached and $ paid, changed the date to today, INCLUDING the DATE of ENTRY DATE to the second date. So, from every appearance, that proc was entered and completed on the second date, but was already paid by ins a week ago!..

looking into any more helpful info on this bug...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com