Reporting

For users or potential users.
aerisdental

Reporting

Post by aerisdental » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:58 pm

I have been told that I am the only one that has called with complaints about the reporting features. I find this hard to believe. With all major PMS there is a daily report that summarizes production and collection on one page. I guess this is not a priority.

One thing I have noticed since I switched to OD from ES is that I am not always aware of my production and collection snapshots at the end of each day. Yes, I know that the different reports are available, but we are all in a hurry. The daily report of production and income is great. It lists every procedure, payment, adjustment, writeoff, etc. Since I have gone paperless, this is the only daily report I have printed and stored since it contains all financial and procedural information. I print a monthly report and keep it also at the end of each month.

Am I the only one frustrated by the slow development of reporting? I love the software. I would never switch, but this aspect is not very user friendly. I don't know how to query, and my staff really doesn't know how to query. Will anybody else jump on board with me here? Just venting. BTW, thanks again Jordan for everything.

What I am really after is:

Daily P & I report
at the bottom of that: monthly production/collection snapshot and yearly production/collection snapshot.
Lan Allen

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 pm

No, you're certainly not the only one with this request. But each user requests this in a slightly different way. It's honestly hard to know exactly what people are asking for, and hard to come up with a report that will please everyone. You see, I pull up my monthly P&I report regularly, and it does indeed have production and income all summarized on one page, so for me personally, it's a non issue. The most popular request we have is to break out the P&I report by provider all on one page. But that's not what you are asking for. You are asking for a report that combines Annual, Monthly, and Daily all on one report. This specific request is not that popular. What is more popular is a request for a daily summary combined with the annual and monthly. This would not have the clutter of the daily detail on it.

BTW, we are planning an integrated feature request system where you can vote for your favorite feature requests. That will give users more clout in guiding the development of the software.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:20 pm

yes, we all know there could be better reporting, but it is hard to get things that everyone wants...and it take a lot of time to program them...a year ago I started making a summary "practice Snapshot" window for OD...but I never finished it in the interest of other features and the complexity I came up against.....maybe I should take that up again.

I agree with you Jordan, the "Monthly P/I" view I bring up at least once a day to see how were are doing for that day and for the whole month. It has most of what you need to see on it.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

aerisdental

Post by aerisdental » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:54 pm

Jordan, I think that we might be talking about the same thing. You seemed to describe the same report. I will post an example soon. Thanks for listening. I understand priorities, and I think that I am asking for that popular one (summary), and that it would be nice to include those SUMMARIES at the end of a daily P&I.
Lan Allen

DrK

Post by DrK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 am

We would love to see a section on the report which shows NEW Patients Scheduled & also New patients Seen. I am having a hard time finding a Report showing how many of the new patients scheduled actually became new patients (we have some new pt who schedule , but not come in)
is there a query for this? When I sort Pt by Date of First Visit, it does not get sorted by year,month,date but month,year, date. any suggestions?
Thanks
Sarkis Keshishyan, D.D.S.

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:00 am

This might help

SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 as numberofpatients, patient.patnum, patient.DateFirstVisit from patient, procedurelog
WHERE procedurelog.patnum = patient.patnum
AND patient.patstatus = '0'
AND procedurelog.procdate BETWEEN makedate(year(curdate()), 1)
AND makedate(year(curdate())+1, 1) /*current calendar year*/
AND procedurelog.procstatus=2
AND patient.DateFirstVisit > makedate(year(curdate()), 1)
AND procedurelog.procfee > 0
GROUP BY patient.patnum
ORDER BY patient.DateFirstVisit
David Fuchs

DrK

Post by DrK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:13 pm

David

That is great. Is there a way to do this for a given year.

Thank you
Sarkis Keshishyan, D.D.S.

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:45 pm

This would be last year...just change the 2006 in the three places to change years...

SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 as numberofpatients, patient.patnum, patient.DateFirstVisit from patient, procedurelog
WHERE procedurelog.patnum = patient.patnum
AND patient.patstatus = '0'
AND procedurelog.procdate BETWEEN '2006-01-01'
AND '2006-12-31'
AND procedurelog.procstatus=2
AND patient.DateFirstVisit > '2006-01-01'
AND procedurelog.procfee > 0
GROUP BY patient.patnum
ORDER BY patient.DateFirstVisit
David Fuchs