Associate Compensation

For users or potential users.
dds02

Associate Compensation

Post by dds02 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:56 am

I have an associate that is compensated based on collections. We tried to run a report for payments by 2nd provider and the only payments that show up are the ones where the provider is set in the "Family" module.
However if a different provider rendered treatment to the same patient and the provider was marked "2nd provider" in the appointment window the payment still shows up under whichever provider is set in the family module.
The report for "completed procedures" by provider works accurately.
How can I generate a report that would give me payments recieved by provider for whatever procedures were performed by that provider?

Thanks,

Dennis

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:00 am

Were you assigning the proper provider when the payment was entered? If so, it should be easy...i will have to look up exactly how to do that. If not, you may not be able to track that perfectly.

I know it is not perfect, but what we do to make things a lot easier (don't have to worry about who the $ was assigned to) is find out what his production is and then take the % of total collection for the office and multiply his production by the collection %. Now that would not take into account if all his pt's don't pay and yours do, but if everything is fairly even in that regard that might work for you.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

dds02

Post by dds02 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:59 am

A proper provider was chosen in the appointment window for that appointment with that provider, but since the provider in the family module was different, it does not show any payments applied to the dentist who actually rendered treatment.

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:52 am

right...that is usually what happens & what we have in our office....so you will have to use the method I described unless someone can come up with a query for merging payments on pt's with different provider. I think it is impossible if some of the pt's have more than one provider (like hyg)...because how would you know which provider to put the payments with? ...just thoughts...
David Fuchs

dds02

Post by dds02 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:59 am

May be to be able to generate this report you may have to select a provider when posting a payment into the patients acc. but that's just a guess. I do think this report is a must for all practices who have an associate based on collections.

dds02

Post by dds02 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Or a better solution would be to attach a payment to a procedure, since you can already chose the provider/procedure, the payment to a particular procedure would go to proper provider, kind of like posting an insurance check.

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 pm

yes, if you make sure the proper provider is selected in the payment split when payments are made then everything would work dandy and you could get an accurate report.
David Fuchs