Security Module - Additional Features

For users or potential users.
opensource

Security Module - Additional Features

Post by opensource » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Hello Dr. Jordan,

Firstly, I know the security module has been an addition for a while but this is my first post regarding the same and I want to thank you for the same.

Wondering if it is possible to control the 'Access' to some of the information within each section of the 'Security' Module for example...in the family module, I would like to limit folks who can change general information about the Patient vs changing the 'Status' of the Patient from 'Active' to 'Inactive' or 'Archived' since as you know, this is very critical to a lot of other aspects of the biz.

On a kind of similar topic, wondering if there is a way to track the history on the 'Patient Information'. For example...if they change their address, for us to know what their previous address was. I dont care as much as for the previous address as much as for the fact that the patient says that they told us about the address change and then in our records there is no way to say that it was updated (except for the fact that it shows that it was not updated). same thing happens with the telephone numbers...etc. Not sure if the Audit trail tracks all of these changes too.

Thanks, once again for the great features in opendental

Cheers,

OpenSource

Yorek

Post by Yorek » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Agreed, it's nice to know when the information was entered.

When we change a tele #'s we sometimes put the current date (yr/Mo) in the same text box, at the end of the Tel#.
(I'm sure this will be a problem when we start to use auto dial)

So, is there some way to indicate the date that each line was entered or last changed in an unobtrusive way?
Tele# change independantly of addresses, Insur id's, etc.

Also, with security tracking in mind, can changes show who made the entry?

Not an urgent idea but useful.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:55 am

It's planned.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com