Broken Appointment vs Unscheduled List vs Planned Tracker

For users or potential users.
opensource

Broken Appointment vs Unscheduled List vs Planned Tracker

Post by opensource » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:32 am

Hello Team,

Wondering if folks anyone can help me understand how you have implement the process to handle 'Broken Appointments' vs 'Unscheduled List' in their office.

Basically, the way...I expect it to work is that a Patient call-in to break an appointment (if they decide not to reschedule it). I expect that when the user breaks the appointment in opendental, it will asks the user if the want to send it to the 'Unscheduled' list or not. If they say...then it does so. If not, it will delete it from the treatment plan if it was a recall appointment (and the patient will show on the pending recall it)

Unfortunately in opendental, I see that if you send it to unscheduled list, it will remove all indicators of it from the appointment list and also not make an entry about the broken appointment or reschedule done. If on the other hand, if the user just breaks the appointment, it leaves even the orphaned 'recall procedures' in the treatment plan.

It would also be great to see if there was a way to either send the broken appointment to 'Unscheduled List' or 'Planned Tracker' or in the worst case, for some thing in the 'Unscheduled List' to be moved to 'Planned Tracker' (if after repeated tries the Patient does not want to schedule the appointment as yet)...As indicated in the opendental manuals, the 'Unscheduled List' should always be kept short.

Wondering if somone can explain the workflow and opendental flow on how they have implemented handling the 'Rescheduling' request for 'Recall' vs 'Planned Treatment'

Cheers,

OpenSource

opensource

Post by opensource » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 am

hmmm...no response, so I will take it that the post was too complicated. A simple version of it is..

1. Can someone share with me on the steps that they follow in opendental when they wish to break a 'recall' appointment in opendental ?. What do you do with the 'recall' related procedures that land up becoming part of the treatment plan ?

2. Can someone share with me on the steps that they follow in opendental when after repeated tries you are unable to schedule an appointment from the unscheduled list. How do you put it on the Planned tracker..what are the steps you follow to do this ?

Hope I have simplied the questions. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Opensource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:33 am

1. I would treat it like any other broken appt. Break it. Then either delete it or move it to the unscheduled list. If it gets deleted, then they will show up on the recall list again. Procedures stay on the TP and may be removed later if needed.
2. Usually you just delete it from the Unscheduled list and don't worry about it any more. If you want to be more thorough, you could check that the planned appointment is accurate so that they will show up on the planned tracker.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:20 am

I think one thing that needs to be added is the ability to just change the status to planned from the unscheduled list. (technically if you did everything with the right flow, it would already be there, but that doesn't always happen)

that would make the flow easier in all cases. If it was already there, you would just delete it, if it wasn't there, then you could change it to the planned appointment
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com