Payment splits

For users or potential users.
afeuer

Payment splits

Post by afeuer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Here is the problem. When a payment is entered it automatically adds a payment split under the default provider instead of applying it to the oldest balance like it should. For offices that have multiple dentists and get payed based on collections this seems crazy. It's one thing for the dentist to double check that all the work is under their provider id... But to check every payment that comes in is unrealistic. What happens if multiple dentists work on the same patient, or if a different hygienist sees the patient each time. Our office payment splits are so messed up...

For whoever wants to tell me to go into each guarantor and add a payment transfer and fix everyone's account manually... Thanks!

Why has this issue not been addressed in so long. I remember seeing this issue come up in 09/10. I can't possible see how an office out there could be using OD and pay associates on collections.

Any real answer to this problem?

-Adam

jsalmon

Re: Payment splits

Post by jsalmon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:53 am

Feature request #50 is pretty popular for this sort of functionality.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I guess we can use this thread to get even more support for this feature.

In the mean time how do other offices with associates who pay on collections make sure payments are entered correctly?

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 pm

So does anyone actually enter payment splits manually? Do you attach them to procedures? This seems like a lot of work for something that should be automatic...