Workstation install gives error

For users or potential users.
harsh_joy

Workstation install gives error

Post by harsh_joy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 am

Hi,
I have downloaded trail version, and installed on windows 2003 server. On my server everything is running fine, but when I try to install workstation so I can attached to server the program gives me error windows and telles me as following. Yes I have installed dotnetfx2.exe.

Application attempt to perfomed an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact you system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework configuration tool.

Can someone guide me how to resolve this problem. I have administrator rights on this workstation, and I was able to install dotnetfx2, so I do not know what I am doing wrong.
And Yes I am using OpenDentalInstaller.Exe not the setup becuase I have not perfome update and this only trial version. Before I buy I want to test it.

Harsh

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:09 am

Is OpenDentalInstaller.exe on your local computer, or did you try to run it across the network? dotNet does not like it when you try to run programs over the network unless you change your security policy.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com