PPO Percentage

For users or potential users.
Nate

PPO Percentage

Post by Nate » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Just switched from Ver 5.1 to 5.3 and noticed the change in how the treatment plan is calculated. We see a large amount of PPO patients and thus the old columns worked out well when the treatment and cost was explained to the patient.

We said the first column is our Standard Fee
The next column is the Insurance Fee Schedule we follow as a PPO
Next is what we Expect from Insurance
And the last column is what You would be Responsible For

Now it seems we must first select 'PPO Percentage' as the type of insurance plan. Now we present it as follows:

The first column is our Standard Fee
The next column is what We Expect from The Insurance Company
Next is the Discount Applied Based on the Insurance
And the last column is what You would be Responsible For

Although I like the previous way it was organized and presented I realize the reasons for changing it and appreciate them. However, I do think it would make more since to have the Discount column placed after the Standard Fee column. It just makes more since when you explain it to a patient. Also I think it would be incredibly helpful if the 'PPO Percentage' could be selected as a global selection on all patients instead of 'Category Percentage'. That would save an extra step for offices who are PPO providers. If this is already possible please explain how to default to 'PPO Percentage'

Thanks

Dr.G

Post by Dr.G » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:20 pm

I second that

Yorek

Post by Yorek » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:54 pm

I think we all probably have our own ideas how the pt's Billing Statement should look.

For instance we'd like to to change these headers..

Patient =>>> Est'd Pt Bal. (with 'Bal' below Est'd Pt, but in a double thick text box.)
Ins Est =>>> Est'd Ins Benifit
(Sometimes we'd actually like to hide the 'Ins Est' column)

But these are just our likes.

Is it possible to give the local adminstrator more control on how these things are printed including: Titles, hide/show column and in what order they appear? Perhaps in a "Preference" section.

Thanks.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm

yes, we had similar concerns....those are all planned options later, but if you want to hide stuff for now, I made an option in Setup | Misc. Choose "simple statements" That will hide ins stuff, and other things and give a more overall family statement rather than broken down into individual balances. Those are the only options at this time.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm

We do have a table in the database for this purpose. See http://www.open-dent.com/manual/displayfields.html . So we're getting closer.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Nate

Post by Nate » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Any further progress with the Treatment Plans?

I think it would be incredibly helpful if the 'PPO Percentage' could be selected as a global selection on all patients instead of 'Category Percentage'. That would save an extra step for offices who are PPO providers. If this is already possible please explain how to default to 'PPO Percentage'

For all existing treatment plans we find we have to go to the patients insurance and change from 'Catagory Percentage' to 'PPO Percentage' then we go back to treatment plan and update fees. This will then show our standard fee and the discounted amount applicable from insurance. Seems like alot of work to get the treatment plans accurate and up to date.

Any ideas?