Report for patients not seen in 4 or 5 years

For users or potential users.
cneelley

Report for patients not seen in 4 or 5 years

Post by cneelley » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:00 pm

Is there a report for patients not seen in several years. When I switched to opendental I imported all of my previous patients, many that I have not seen in years. Would like a list so I can purge their charts and records.

Thanks,

cneelley

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm

This query should do what you want. It will also give a count of how many patients haven't come in. You can change the date in the next to the last line as needed. Copy and paste it to your query window:

SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 as numberofpatients, patient.LName,patient.FName,patient.Address,patient.Address2,patient.City,patient.State,patient.Zip, MAX(procedurelog.procdate)
FROM patient,procedurelog
WHERE procedurelog.patnum=patient.patnum
AND procedurelog.procstatus = '2'
GROUP BY procedurelog.patnum
HAVING MAX(procdate) < '2003-01-01'
ORDER BY patient.address, patient.address2

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:11 am

Thanks for the reply.

That query does not work because there are no procedures entered for those patients.

How can I fix the query to show those patients with no procedures entered.

cneelley

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks for the reply.

The query does not work because there are no procedure entries for these patients. The account module is blank.

Is there a way to fix the query to show those patients who do not have any procedures entered, a blank account module.

Thanks

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 am

The query does not work because there are no procedures entered at all for these patients.

Can this query be fixed to show those patients with no procedures entered.

Thanks

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Sorry, I didn't know they had no procedures. Try this query, it will check for a first visit date and includes only those classified as "patients" (no inactive or dead patients). I am thinking that maybe they have no first visit date since they haven't come in yet from Open Dental's point of view. Hope it helps:

SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 as numberofpatients, patient.LName,patient.FName,patient.Address,patient.Address2,patient.City,patient.State,patient.Zip
FROM patient
WHERE datefirstvisit = '0001-01-01'
AND patstatus = '0'
ORDER BY LName, FName

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 pm

so, all the pt's you are looking for are from some other software that you converted from? If that is so, I bet the last one won't work either, because the datefirstvisit won't be set.

you will have to have one that searches for people with no procedures I guess. Anyone know how to do that?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:47 am

Try it anyway. I tried it by adding a patient (only the first and last name) to the database. I didn't add any procedures. This query found that patient. I also tried it by trying datefirstvisit is null. That didn't work because apparently the datefirstvisit defaults to 0001-01-01 when you create the patient record.

drtech

Post by drtech » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:31 am

ahhh...Jorgebon, I bet you are right. I bet cneelley's converted pt's will have the 0001-01-01 date.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:19 pm

The query does not work. It pulled up a list of over 500 patients most of whom I have seen recently, as they have procedures entered in the last couple of years.

Rats, any more ideas.

Thanks

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:23 am

Can you see if there is anything else unique in the group of patients you want ? Do they have anything entered in the chart module (any previous treatment)? Do you know the exact date when these records where created in Open Dental? Are they classified as patients or as non patients in the family module?
Last edited by Jorgebon on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:25 am

OK, I combined what we know about these patients,
1. no procedures in last 4 years
2. datefirstvisit = 0001-01-01
3. classified as patient in family module

I came up with this query, but if you have current patients that meet all of these conditions, they will also appear. For example, I tried it on my database and found that we have some who are not our patients, but are entered anyway because they are the subscriber in the insurance plan and we had failed to classify them as non-patient.
Give it a try:

SELECT LName,FName, Address, Address2, City, State, Zip
FROM patient
WHERE PatStatus=0
AND patient.datefirstvisit = '0001-01-01'
AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM procedurelog
WHERE procedurelog.PatNum=patient.PatNum
AND procedurelog.ProcDate < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 YEAR)
ORDER BY LName,FName

Note: I edited this again, but we need at least something that differentiates the patients you want on the list from the insurance subscribers that are not patients
Last edited by Jorgebon on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:19 am

This one could be a winner. I'll have to check it further, but I don't think any of the patients that came up on the list have been seen in years.

Thanks

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 pm

If you transfered all those patients from your other software before adding any current patients, then they can be found through the patient number. They should have numbers one to the total number of imported patients. If that's the case, then you only need to find the first patient you entered (maybe from the appointment book) and select all those with smaller patient numbers.

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:07 am

Yes, but many of those who were transferred into the program we have since seen for dental work, so there are procedures entered for those.

Thanks again