Posting notes to multiple procedures on same day

For users or potential users.
mzrdmd

Posting notes to multiple procedures on same day

Post by mzrdmd » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 am

What is the best way to post a procedure note to multiple procedures that are done on the same day ?

For example, say we do 4 composites and a crown on the same patient, all in one appointment. If we click directly on one of the procedures, we can post the note directly, but it only posts to that one particular procedure.

On the other hand, if we enter a code into the ledger for the clinical note, we type the note once, and it is simply listed in the chart with that day's date and that's it.

Am I making this more complicated than it really is ?

Thanks,

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:51 pm

we do it on one of the procedures and leave the others blank, you can tell that all were done same day by the date (everything between the appts listed in the chart)
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:36 pm

I actual write a note for each procedure, mainly because I have the procedure notes setup which are automatically entered when I set the procedure complete.

The caviat to this is the anesthesia note which I post into the first procedure and leave that part blank for the rest of the procedures.

The biggest hassle is signing all the individual procedures. Perhaps there could be a way to link the individual procedure notes to the appointment and then sign just one time.