digital xray

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

digital xray

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Our clinic is thinking about buying the Soredex/Digora system. I have loaded a version of thier program on my computer and am trying to set up a bridge between OD and thier program. I was told that Cliniview, is a re-labeled version of Apteryx; all of the Soredex and Instrumentarium systems come with this software. I have been able to get the apteryx button to show in the chart screen, but is it possible that when the program starts that it automatically creates/opens the images for the patient I am viewing in OD? I see some settings for chart number and patient number in the OD link section for apteryx. What would I have to do to get the bridge fully functioning?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Just check the program links window for the bridge. Start tracking down the relevant paths.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 pm

I use the Sordex Optime Phosphor Plate scanner and Cliniview. It works great with OD.
Here is my set up:
Choose Apteryx in the Program Link Menu
Place a check mark in ENABLE
(I use a peer to peer network) so,
In the Path Of File To Open it says: \\server\Apteryx\CliniView\CliniView
In the optional command line: /p
Text button: CliniView

I have a button in both the CHART and IMAGE modules.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

savvy

Post by savvy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:25 pm

To continue.....

CliniView does not open automatically (as far as I know).
I go to the Chart Module of the patient .
I click on the CLINIVIEW button.
That begins loading CliniView.
A box appears where I select RUN.
Then CliniView opens up to either "DO YOU WANT TO ADD PATIENT?"
or to the existing patient file.

Cheers!!!

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 am

woot, i got OD and apteryx working with the optime scanner. I know this is not an OD question, but anyone know what setting I need to have in apteryx to scan multiple xrays. Can I use a layout with optime? need to play around with it some more, but if anyone has any words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it.

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm

If you mean "scanning" the phosphor plates using Optime in a template, the answer is yes.
If you configured Optime correctly in Apteryx (CliniView), then you should see an Optime icon on the main CliniView Tool Bar. Right next to it there should be an icon that says Capture Layout (it is a grid with a camera on it). If you want to take a series of films using a template, you choose this icon, at which point a number of the most popular layouts appear. You may also create your own. Double click on the template of choice. Click on CAPTURE SERIES. Choose either DIGITAL IMAGE or SCANNED IMAGE, click OK. Load the plates in the order you took them in the mouth. When you've finished scanning all your plates, click DONE.

Cheers!!!