Open Dental & Sidexis XG

For users or potential users.
lennox

Open Dental & Sidexis XG

Post by lennox » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:03 pm

We just started up a few months ago and I am using open dental for practice management software, with Sidexis XG for imaging (Sirona IO & Pano). These are digital direct.

Could someone walk me through setting up the bridge for Sidexis XG with Open Dental? I tried to set it up, and it asked for a number of parameters. Not knowing what to enter (like program name, etc), I just left the fields blank and tried to click the button. It did not seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how does this work? Does it just open Sidexis and automatically fill in the name through Open Dental? And what if the patient was not created in OD?

Thanks again

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:40 pm

The program link should already be there and set up properly. Did you accidently try to create a new one instead of just enabling the exising one? The program name would be the full path to Sidexis.exe. Open Dental passes a few fields to Sidexis, including name and patNum. My understanding is that it will automatically update the Sidexis patient id to be the one used by Open Dental the first time that a patient is launched using the bridge.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

lennox

Post by lennox » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 am

Okay, let me try that. I may have been underthinking it at first and overthinking it later. I tried activating it with no parameters, then balked at not knowing what parameters to enter. I'll try with just the path and program name and see how that works. I'll let you know later in the week/this weekend whether or not that worked.

Incidentally, has anyone considered using the plugin system, or the already existing DICOM plugin to integrate more directly with open dental? It looks like you can request to take an image, and request images for a particular tooth, etc with this. This would be pretty nice if you could click on a tooth in open dental and have it went out to Sidexis and grabbed all of the x-rays associated with that tooth.

Thanks for the help.