Group notes in Version 15.4

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

Group notes in Version 15.4

Post by Pruce Dental » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Let me start by saying I like version 15.4....

Is there a reason though that the group notes got ignored? When you set up a provider color in the progress notes they only show as white. Also if you set your view to show signed procedure notes in the account module the group notes show as not signed.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

cmcgehee

Re: Group notes in Version 15.4

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 am

It's always good to hear that our users like our newest version. Concerning the color of the group notes, you can set that by going to Setup | Definitions | Prog Notes Colors | Status Existing Current Prov and changing the color there. The reason why procedures that have signed group notes do not show up as signed in the account module is because the signed column is meant only to show if the procedures themselves are signed.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:48 pm

I must be missing something here...

I did what you said in the definitions but can only change the text color and not the background color like all the other procedure notes now can display. In 15.4 I have it set so the background color is my assigned provider color for all procedure notes (except group notes don't show) ...I played with the ones marked 'background" colors and saw no change...

So let me ask my other original question again. Why not code OD to recognize when a procedure code is part of a signed group note that it is also signed because if the group note is signed it means you did sign the note after all?. Do any providers sign a group note containing a procedure and then go back and write additional comments in the individual procedure note and then sign the individual procedure note? If that is the case I would see your point and leave it alone. I thought the idea of adding this to the account was so a provider can quickly look at a chart and see if a note was written and signed.

For example I use a group note for placing multiple sealants. So if I place 8 sealants I write and sign one note using an autonote... so now If I want to see that all procedure are signed I need to go back and sign the 8 blank procedure notes?

And I know that it has always been like this in the chart too since group notes were invented but I need something to complain about... :lol:
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:52 pm

so........ummm.............
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Could you explain to me how you are setting the background color by provider for procedure notes on the progress notes grid? In Definitions | Prog Notes Colors, there are options to set the background color for appointment objects but not procedure notes.

I see the utility in marking procedures as signed if they are attached to a group note that is signed. It probably depends on the provider if they sign a group note and then also sign individual procedures within that group note. You could submit a feature request to mark procedures signed if the group note is signed.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:25 pm

like this.....> http://www.opendental.com/manual/modulesetupchart.html

Why submit another feature request and not just finish the feature request added in 15.4 so it functions 100%? If you can't look in the account and see if a procedure is signed and confidently know it is signed or not why introduce the feature until is is done?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Dr. Pruce

I'll look into it and get back to you shortly.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:32 pm

This was an oversight on our behalf. We are adding an enhancement to the software to have provider group notes use the provider color if the 'Use Provider Color in Chart' preference is selected.

Arna Meyer

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:40 pm

WooHoo!!! Thanks Arna!!!
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 pm

This has been fixed and will be added to 15.4.7. All EC status procedures will inherit the provider color if the pref to show provider colros in the chart is enabled.

Arna Meyer