Tooth chart on Treatment Plan

For users or potential users.
Tom Zaccaria

Tooth chart on Treatment Plan

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:00 am

Just updated to 17.1 Now the graphic tooth chart prints on the Treatment Plan.
Where is the switch to turn this option off.

Thanks
drtmz

JasonL

Re: Tooth chart on Treatment Plan

Post by JasonL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 am

As of 17.1 the preference for turning this on/off has been removed because Treatment Plans now always use sheets. If you would like to remove the tooth chart from the treatment plan you'll want to edit the Treatment Plan sheet. You can do this through the following steps:
1. Navigate to Setup > Sheets
2. (Optional) Select the "Treatment Plan" sheet in the right-hand column and select "Duplicate" to make a backup copy of it. You can also edit the name of it to "Treatment Plan Backup".
3. Open the main Treatment Plan template and delete the tooth chart
4. Save the sheet and preview it on a test patient.
Jason Long
Open Dental Web Technology Coordinator
www.opendental.com

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 am

That did it. Thank you

drtmz

awadh

Post by awadh » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 am

Hi There,
I am not able to attach tooth chart on sheets. The sheets page shows black square image instead of chart. I thought it may be ralated to Graphics card configuration but the help window mentions that "This window is obsolete!" and that I should not need to use it.

I am running Windoes 10 Pro with 16.0 GB of RAM.

Help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
Awadh

joes

Post by joes » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

Hi Awadh,
On Windows 10, DirectX 11 should be available, so I would make sure that the Graphics Preferences are set to use it. On the Graphics Preferences window you mentioned, try setting "DirectX 11 Tooth Chart" to "Use if available". Or, you can set "DirectX 11 Tooth Chart on all computers" to "Use if available", and set "DirectX 11 Tooth Chart" to "Use the global setting". If you already have those options selected or changing them does not resolve the issue, you may need to update your graphics driver.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

awadh

Post by awadh » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:49 am

Hi Joes,
Thank you for your response. I already have these options selected according to online help.
I do have folowing setting:
- Section DirectX 11 Toothe chart on all computers - Use if available
- Section DirectX 11 Tooth Chart - Use the global setting
I THINK.....
The problem is the message I get in section - directX 11 status on this computer as - "Sparks3D.dll not found, or chart not used yet, or unable to load due to graphics driver issue"

My laptop is only 4 months old and all my drivers are upto date.

Awadh

awadh

Post by awadh » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:56 am

Additionally Joe my Laptop supports DirectX 12.

Do I need to downgrade to DirectX 11?

joes

Post by joes » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 am

I am testing on a computer that also has DirectX 12 and the window shows DirectX 11 as available, so you shouldn't need to downgrade. It won't show as available until the tooth chart has been loaded at least once, so you can try navigating to the chart module to load the tooth chart and then check the Graphic Preferences again. If it still does not show as available after that, you can check to see if Sparks3D.dll is missing. For standard installations, it should be in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\Sparks3D\

If Sparks3D.dll is missing, try uninstalling and reinstalling Open Dental. If it isn't missing, you can try one of the Older Tooth Chart Technologies listed on the right side of that window. To do that, set "DirectX 11 Tooth Chart" to "Do not use", then select DirectX 9 and choose a Graphic Format in the grid at the bottom of the window. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try OpenGL with all boxes checked in the "OpenGL filters for list below" box, then try graphic format 10.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com