Photo from Video Card

For users or potential users.
evdokimosk

Photo from Video Card

Post by evdokimosk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:30 am

Hello,
which is the best method to acquire photos through a video card in the OD?
Maybe through "scanner option" and WIA? The intraoral camera (WIN-100D digitalDocking) appears in the computer as a digital camera and there is no appropriate software go with the camera.

Thanks in advance

mowgli

Win-Denti software

Post by mowgli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 am

Win-Denti software may be used with that camera. http://www.win-us.com/eng/sub_Soft.html?menucode=B01 It appears in the system as "USB 2800 Video." An installed scanner or camera's TWAIN driver will be displayed as a source to select when you click on the scan button in the images module. Version 5.4 has the updated TWAIN DLL file. We've used WIA as well as TWAIN drivers installed with the imaging device; usually the latter works nicer and has more setting options. Video capture cards when installed properly will themselves appear as a TWAIN source.

evdokimosk

Post by evdokimosk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 am

Sorry but i got confused.
You mean that I have to use the Win-Denti Software and OD or I can only use OpenDental (TWAIN DLL or WIA)?

Thanks a lot.

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Excuse me, I got confused myself; you did say that it was the Win-100D, which normally would be hooked up to a video capture card using a video cable. In that case, the driver of the video capture card itself would appear as an image source after hitting the scan button in Open Dental, provided it's compatible with the DLL used by OD. Since you said the camera was detected by Windows as a digital camera, that got me thinking it might be the USB version (WIN-USB), which would more likely be handled by the Win-Denti software that makes it directly available as an image source rather than thru a video capture card. But I don't have the same setup as you do to work with. Either way, it depends on what sources are in the list when you hit the scan button in OD; if that doesn't work, importing as files or using a screen capture tool are alternatives.