Google calendar sync

For users or potential users.
remdent

Google calendar sync

Post by remdent » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Is there a way to sync the schedule w/ Google Calendar? I saw one but it was from 2016 and not sure if it's compatible with newer versions of OD.

rhaber123

Re: Google calendar sync

Post by rhaber123 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:08 am

It is compatible. just be sure to pick your version, or the closest one, from the download website

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6932

We have been using it for 3 years now.
you can download the trial, and test it for 30 days. Minh at Mopensoft ( Australia) keep it updated with all OD Newsest version. ,
When you click on the download option, you will see multiple versions that correspond to many of OD versions, old and new, be sure you pick the right one that matches your OD version or the closest one

Minh at www.mopensoft.com can be reached directly info@mopensoft.com

surefeel

Post by surefeel » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 pm

My google calendar syncing is duplicating and in some point it stop working because of too many schedules. I am using mopensoft and simpleybook.me. The calendar which is two way syncing with simplybook.me is only duplicating. The others look fine. So I think it is something from simplybook.me and google calendar. It begin to happen after recent update. Anyone has same issue and knows solution?

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:36 pm

Once this happen, the easiest way to fix it is to delete the calendars in google, and receate the calendars in Google with the SAME NAMES.

The bad calendars now are deleted, and the new ones will be more accurate

surefeel

Post by surefeel » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks. I will try it.

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:44 pm

surefeel wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 pm
My google calendar syncing is duplicating and in some point it stop working because of too many schedules. I am using mopensoft and simpleybook.me. The calendar which is two way syncing with simplybook.me is only duplicating. The others look fine. So I think it is something from simplybook.me and google calendar. It begin to happen after recent update. Anyone has same issue and knows solution?
yes I had endless problems with this and Minh, who made the sync plugin was unable to help. In the end we wrote our own program and in the process worked out what the problem is with the mopensoft one. It is an issue with the plugin and I have let Mopensoft know what it is. In the meantime delete and recreate the calendar as per the earlier reply, seeing if you can limit the amount of appointments it syncs to under 300. I can't remember if there's a way of limiting how far into the future it syncs or not sorry. The problem will periodically recur without limiting the number of appointments until the software is fixed.

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Yes, Simplybookme syncing was an issue.

In the last 5 years, this happened only once.

The easiest way to fix it is to delete the calendars in google, and recreate the calendars in Google with the SAME NAMES.

In our office, we limit our patients to be able to schedule only 2 months in the future, through Simplybookme calendar control panel.

Once fixed, this did not happen again.

No more problem