Web Schedule recall limited to 60 days?

For users or potential users.
jthuisman

Web Schedule recall limited to 60 days?

Post by jthuisman » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:28 am

When our office opened up again on June 1, we anticipated using Web Schedule Recall to help reappoint our patients. However, we quickly had issues with patients telling us that the link only told them that no appointments were available. Also we found that when we attempted to test the system by manually sending a link, the program would sometimes tell us that the link could not be sent.

Someone from my team spoke with technical support and was told that if there are no openings within 60 days, the notices will not send and the links will not allow patients to schedule. Can anyone verify this? And more importantly, can anyone identify a setting that can be changed to allow patients to schedule further into the future? With hundreds of patients still needing to be reappointed, we're looking at a lot of time spent on the phone to so something that web scheduling could do much more efficiently.

joes

Re: Web Schedule recall limited to 60 days?

Post by joes » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello Dr. Huisman. Unfortunately, that is a current limitation of the feature that cannot be adjusted at this time. However, our engineers are working on an enhancement to the web sched recall feature that will allow users the option to specify how far into the future patients can schedule appointments, but I am not able to provide an estimate on when this enhancement will be completed.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

cmcgehee

Re: Web Schedule recall limited to 60 days?

Post by cmcgehee » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 pm

We do have a pending enhancement to allow Web Sched to schedule further in the future. I've put a note on that job to update this forum post once it's complete.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com