Merging Fee schedules

For users or potential users.
jonesdds12

Merging Fee schedules

Post by jonesdds12 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:35 pm

I have 6 copay fee schedules that are really 3 pairs of the same. I'd hide each of the 3 dups except there are probably patients attached to the duplicate ones. So, my thought was can they be merged and would that change all the patients with the duplicate over to the other?

The other option is to see which patients are assigned the original and which the duplicate. And then manually change the lesser number of the two. Or is there a tool to move patients over from the dup to the original?

joes

Re: Merging Fee schedules

Post by joes » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 am

There is a tool that can switch the CoPay fee schedule for several plans at once.
1. On the Lists menu, click Procedure Codes.
2. Then, click the Fee Scheds button in the lower right corner of the Procedure Codes window.
3. Next, click the Go button at the bottom of the Fee Schedules window. You should now be on the Check Insurance Plan Fees window.
4. You are changing CoPay fee schedules, so select CoPay from the list of options in the upper left corner of the window.
5. You can filter the list of insurance plans by selecting one of the duplicate fee schedules in the "With Fee Schedule" drop down menu.
6. Now that the list is filtered, you can select all of the insurance plans in the list.
7. At the bottom of the window, select the CoPay fee schedule that you want to change to for the selected plans with the "New Fee Schedule" drop down menu.
8. Finally, click the Change button. The tool will ask for a password that can be found in our manual. The password is "fee".

Repeat steps 5 - 8 for each of the duplicate CoPay fee schedules. Once all plans have been switched from these fee schedules, you can hide them on the Fee Schedules window to prevent them from being selected again.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jonesdds12

Post by jonesdds12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:50 pm

And so using this example:

Insurance A and Insurance B are fee schedules that are duplicates. Some patients insurance info has Insurance A fee schedule selected and some B, all on the same plan. So doing what you describe, if wanting to move all Insurance B fee schedule selected patients to Insurance A, all of the patients with the B fee schedule would change over to the A fee schedule, correct? And then I hide B so can't ever be selected again?

joes

Post by joes » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 am

That is correct.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com