Updating medical history forms with eclipboard?

For users or potential users.
tjdix

Updating medical history forms with eclipboard?

Post by tjdix » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:43 pm

My office is planning to launch a paperless check-in process in the coming months, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some wisdom on how you are currently having the patient update their medical history form digitally.
It sounds like OD is encouraging users to move away from the Kiosk functionality and towards the eClipboard. It is my understanding that eClipboard works great for anyone having to fill out blank forms, but not for patients with lengthy existing med histories who just need to update/re-sign them.

Most of what I can find online involve offices using (1) the kiosk functionality (2) a third-party system like YAPI or (3) have the doctor physically update the form using chair-time. Does anyone have a better way?

If eClipboard is the future of OD, I don't really want to buy a bunch of windows-based tablets and commit to the Kiosk. We all update medical histories all the time...does anyone have a smooth paperless method?

Thank you all for your help,
JD

amandaek

Re: Updating medical history forms with eclipboard?

Post by amandaek » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:36 am

What we did last year to go paperless quickly was create a custom medical history sheet that could be completed via kiosk but then we started emailing patients their paperwork prior to their appointments.

Renewal patients would get the email 3 days prior to the appointment and would be encouraged to complete it at a desktop. We created an email template so its literally two clicks to send it out.

If the patient shows up not having completed the paperwork, which is fairly rare these days, they are given the kiosk/eclipboard version if they show up in time. If it is tight then they get a paper version and the hygienist enters it into the computer in the operatory.