Same for Entire Family Button Feature Request Vote

For users or potential users.
jmazzie

Same for Entire Family Button Feature Request Vote

Post by jmazzie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 am

If anyone has any extra vote in the request features section could you please vote for 10979

This feature request is for the same for entire family to be selected by default for the phone and emails section when adding a new patient to a family. This is huge for pedo offices since without it siblings won't have the information saved as the guarantor unless you go back into them afterwards to add it or if selected when making a new patient thinking it will pull the information from the other family members the blank fields will overwrite the existing values which has been a major issue for our office.

So if you have any spare votes please add to this one :)
I didn't make this feature request but it is a major issue within our office
Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Same for Entire Family Button Feature Request Vote

Post by jordansparks » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:54 pm

You're talking about the single checkbox for the "Email and Phone" section? Yeah, that seems a bit off. The reasoning was that each family member would typically have a different phone and email. I would assume you would leave it blank for kids, and then it would use the guarantor info when sending emails or texts, but I have not done my research on that. In any case, that seems like a better approach than trying to set the same email and phone for all family members.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

dqadri

Post by dqadri » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:08 am

From what I've seen right now, (and I might be wrong), sending a text or email to a child does not default to the guarantor without entering their email address in.

In our office, we set all of the "Preferred Contact Method", "Preferred Confirm Method" and "Preferred Recall Method" to "SeeNotes" and write down in the notes section which family member/members to contact.
--
Danish Qadri, DMD

Lake Family Dentistry
296 Lake Ave
Colonia, NJ 07067

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:29 pm

A decision was just made that this section should behave like the other sections and prefill from the currently selected patient. We're calling it a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jmazzie

Post by jmazzie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:29 am

Great thanks!
Jeff