New user questions

For users or potential users.
2thfairy

New user questions

Post by 2thfairy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi there, I'm new to Open Dental but am familiar with many other dental software programs. I have 2 questions I have not been any to find answers to in the manual, YouTube or this form
1 Perio charting. Is ther a way to "turn bleeding on" to chart multiple bleeding points with a
single click of the mouse. I am hygienist, when charting perio number with no assistant I will chart the buccal of a quadrant then go back and chart bleeding. I use the key board short cuts and toggle with the arrow buttons but It would be nice to be able to click the bleeding button chart my BOP then turn it of to return to charting pocket depth.

2 I would like to be able to complete my clinical.notes in stages with prompts. for example document assessment, (ipac info MH DH Cc..etc. before I start treatment.then complete documentation in stages as I'm working. As it stands now with auto or group notes I have to SKIP the prompt then manually type it in later. Any suggestions or is this something to call support about.
Thank so much
🇨🇦

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: New user questions

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 am

1. It is designed to allow charting of bleeding in a separate pass. There is a triplets checkbox at the upper right. I think it works for bleeding. Turn that on, and then it should enter everything in triplets, so one click gives you three bleeding points. Or, you can use the keyboard for fast complex entry: b,b,arrow,b,b,arrow, etc.
2. I don't think that's specifically a feature of autonotes. Have you looked at maybe using an exam form? This would be more visual and would let you jump around, but it would not condense into simple text when done. You would need to double click to see the exam form later.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com