Remote from Laptop (for hospital/operating room use)

For users or potential users.
rfacko

Remote from Laptop (for hospital/operating room use)

Post by rfacko » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:57 pm

This issue has been created because of the sunsetting of Apteryx imaging. I have been taking a laptop to the operating room, loaded with the version of Apteryx that can run independently of the server, without an internet connection. I am working to convert to using OD Imaging in the office, using both an XDR sensor and a Scan-X for phosphor plates. However, now when I work remotely, I don't know how I can use my XDR sensor. I don't need access to my database remotely, I only need to be able to acquire images and be able to keep track of who they belong to so that when I get back to the office I can upload/sync them to my OD database. Has anyone else run into this issue yet or have any thoughts on a solution?

wjstarck

Re: Remote from Laptop (for hospital/operating room use)

Post by wjstarck » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:19 pm

PM Justin Shafer on here.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Remote from Laptop (for hospital/operating room use)

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:33 pm

You can install Open Dental onto that laptop. Install MySQL, demo database, etc. Maybe don't try to get your actual database onto that laptop. Now, you want to take radiographs for John Smith. Create a dummy patient John Smith on the database that's on the laptop. Use your sensor and phosphor plates. When you get back to the office, someone needs to move those images over to your main database. There are a variety of ways to do this. It's basically an export/import process. But I don't know exactly how to describe it without seeing if you're using mounts, etc. You can delegate this to staff.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com