Crashed table

For users or potential users.
Tom Zaccaria

Crashed table

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:51 pm

Been getting this a lot when trying to restore to my home computer since converting to MariaDB. Any ideas? Tried the old Dataintregrity program but it doesn't work.

'Crashed table detected.
Table status will be automatically monitored for 1 minute.
Call support for help repairing table

Click Retry to manually check the table status or Exit Program to close the
program.'

Retry Exit Program

Sorry I don't know how to post a screen shot.
drtmz
V 21.3.35

jmazzie

Re: Crashed table

Post by jmazzie » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Does it specify what table it is?

Is this the main server or just a backup?
Jeff

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:45 pm

This happened to me once in the past.
If you back up your data to the cloud and you restore it to your home computer, the backup on the cloud might have some corrupted files.

I did a fresh backup from the office computer onto a USB drive, and restored it at home.
That worked for me.

Deleting the backup on the cloud, and starting a brand new file solved the problem

If that does not work, you may need to contact support to fix it for you.

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:49 am

Doesn't say which table it is.

Backup to USB drive. I changed disks. No cloud involvement. It works fine for three out of four nights. I have to go thru database maintenance and backup again to solve the problem. Database maintenance takes a little over an hour.

In the past the dataintegretycheck little program fixed crashed tables but not any more.
It is a real pain.

Thanks,
drtmz

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:58 am

If everything is OK on the office computer, then the problem is on the home computer.

1- Call OD support, they solve these problems easily,

or

2- restore a very older database, from 2021 for example, and see if the problem is resolved

or

3- if that does not resolve, then OD is the problem, uninstall and reinstall OD , and the database, from scratch on your home computer.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:05 pm

My thought is that maybe our dataintegritycheck needs to be adapted to maria? I'm skeptical that the suggestions to uninstall and reinstall things would do much. I'm so happy that you are regularly trying to restore your database. You won't go bankrupt when your server crashes. It really should be easier for you, so I hope we get this resolved. Intermittent problems are a pain to diagnose.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:05 am

Thanks Jordan.
My day is not complete until I verify a backup on my home PC. And from time to time I back up to a laptop that I can haul in on a moment's notice.
All xrays to an external hard drive once a week,

I am old school. I like my 'sneaker network' just fine.
drtmz

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Tom Zaccaria wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:49 am
Doesn't say which table it is.

In the past the dataintegretycheck little program fixed crashed tables but not any more.
It is a real pain.

Thanks,
drtmz
You might consider purchasing NaviCat from PremiumSoft. I've used it for many years to manage database table issues. Will let you check, repair and optimize crashed tables.

https://navicat.com/en/products/navicat-for-mysql
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

dqadri

Post by dqadri » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:41 am

jordansparks wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:05 pm
My thought is that maybe our dataintegritycheck needs to be adapted to maria? I'm skeptical that the suggestions to uninstall and reinstall things would do much. I'm so happy that you are regularly trying to restore your database. You won't go bankrupt when your server crashes. It really should be easier for you, so I hope we get this resolved. Intermittent problems are a pain to diagnose.
I thinks this may be the case, as I have also upgraded to mariadb and started seeing the dataintegrity warnings on appointments, even though I have no external plugins that access my database. I'm running 10.5.13 currently.

I had previously tried to go to 10.6 but hit a wall within Open Dental. I haven't tried the 10.7 beta, or the 10.8 alpha.
--
Danish Qadri, DMD

Lake Family Dentistry
296 Lake Ave
Colonia, NJ 07067

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:12 am

The database integrity warnings would be totally unrelated to the issue of this thread, which is restoring a backup. You should never get a false positive on those integrity warnings. What specific version of OpenDental are you using?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com