Deleting Multiple Existing Procedures

For users or potential users.
akperio

Deleting Multiple Existing Procedures

Post by akperio » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:33 am

Is there a way to delete multiple existing procedures from the progress notes window at once? I can only delete them one at a time by double-clicking on each procedure. Thx!

joes

Re: Deleting Multiple Existing Procedures

Post by joes » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:43 pm

In the Chart Module, you can hold Control and click multiple procedures to select more than one. You can also click and drag the mouse over a multiple procedures to select them. Once you have the ones you want to delete selected, right click and choose Delete.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

akperio

Post by akperio » Tue May 10, 2022 8:57 pm

For some reason this doesn't work for me. The procedures are inputted as "Existing Other". I am able to select all of them holding down the control key but cannot delete using the keyboard key or by right clicking to bring up the options menu.

In order to delete them I need to double-click on each one individually and then hit the delete button when the Procedure Info window pops up.

**I am able to delete treatment-planned procedures in the way you're describing however.

joes

Post by joes » Wed May 11, 2022 1:58 pm

My apologies, procedures with a status of Complete, Existing Current Provider, and Existing Other Provider cannot be deleted from the context menu or by hitting the delete key.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software

akperio

Post by akperio » Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am

Thanks for the reply!

Just out of curiosity, why is this designed this way?

I can understand not being able to delete at all (for legal reasons perhaps) but why allow us to delete existing treatment entered but prohibit us from bulk deleting?

It's pretty common for an assistant to accidentally enter multiple existing procedures incorrectly. Having to delete them one at a time is incredibly time-consuming.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 15, 2022 10:07 am

I think it was more important to first add the security. Adding additional ways to delete would be additional features and take additional programming time. So it's just that we don't have unlimited resources. Yes, it sounds like a helpful feature. That's why we have thousands of feature requests. Most of them are good ideas, but we just have to pick and choose.
Jordan Sparks, DMD